We found a little Snow to! (Victoria)

Submitted: Tuesday, Jun 16, 2009 at 08:33
ThreadID: 69861 Views:2009 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Well the snow we found was a joke compared to post 69769 by Crackles near Mt Skene road, but we never got to there.

We did get just 3hrs spare this weekend and went on a short drive to Wesburn (near Warburton) and went up Britannia crk road and around to the Mt Bride road.
The sun was shining and the forest looked lovely but even the normally 2wd roads were very mushy in places and needed 4wd.
The ferns were all sagged indicating they had had heavy snow.
On the roadside near Mt Bride at altitude of 820m we actually encountered a small drift of snow. This was about 200m in from the rusted old fence of railway rails and sleepers, that once used to have a road closed gate across it but is now obviously dis-used (55 H 386810 5816944).

Quite surprized by this as forecasts didn't have it coming down this
low.

It was just enough to throw a little snowball at my wife, but on reflection this wasn't a strategically good move.

With many of our traditional Victoria snow roads like Mt Margret closed due to concerns over bushfire damage we will keep this area in mind for a quick fun day out of Melbourne when the next cold blast comes thru.

Warburton was chock full of people , so we drove thru to the Glaysdale Tearooms for the usual coffee's and it was so warm and sunny you couldn't sit on the outside balcony without sun hats on - and it is winter in Melbourne.

Robin Miller
Robin Miller

My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - DickyBeach - Tuesday, Jun 16, 2009 at 09:54

Tuesday, Jun 16, 2009 at 09:54
"That's not a knife ......................"

Snow wall photographed in the Swiss Alps last week.

AnswerID: 370275

Follow Up By: Robin Miller - Tuesday, Jun 16, 2009 at 10:34

Tuesday, Jun 16, 2009 at 10:34
Now that looks like serious hill in the background Dickybeach , but then I do drive a Nissan Patrol and always carry chains.
Robin Miller

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 637583

Sponsored Links