Lifestyle Campertrailers

Submitted: Tuesday, Jun 16, 2009 at 11:59
ThreadID: 69866 Views:2366 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Anyone got any experience with them?
http://www.lifestylecampers.com.au/

Any good/bad stories....

searched for Lifestyle, but all I got was people changing their lifestyle.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Moose - Tuesday, Jun 16, 2009 at 13:15

Tuesday, Jun 16, 2009 at 13:15
Yeah mate, I've got one. Had it about 2 years or so. Taken it into some interesting places and it survived unscathed.
I found the springs to be too hard so removed some leaves.
Mine has shockies. I think they now offer a model with other than leaf springs.
I also thought it was too heavy on the towball so I moved the spare wheel from the draw bar to underneath.
Very solid construction. Well finished. HD canvas. Easy to erect and fold up.
Got the zip plus velcro cover closure system so no dust or water gets in when on the move.
Mine was a lower specced model so I installed own kitchen.
Great set of built-in steps to get into and down from bed. Did get a bit of water in through the opening for the steps but I easily solved that.
Was my first CT so can't compare to anything else.
Hope that helps.
AnswerID: 370303

Reply By:- Tuesday, Jun 16, 2009 at 18:02

Tuesday, Jun 16, 2009 at 18:02
Hi Truckster,

I have had one for 12 months now, very few bad points, many good points. We have travelled outback QLD and many weeks and weekends in all sorts of places, haven't had a problem.

When I bought mine it was the first of the new model Podium with the enclosed sides. The spec level was good to start but I added an extra water tank, innerspring mattress, wheels to match vehicle and extra 12v outlets. It has independent suspension and bucket loads of storage.

The build quality is excellent, very solid and tows like a dream. The canvas work is good and there is plenty of room in the tent section (9ft) and fully enclosed annexe (when needed). The steps into bed are so easy, no climbing up ladders. I recently added an offside awning that covers the entire lenght over the draw bar side which makes it a big unit when all erected. However, for a one night stop with just the tent section it is very quick and easy to put up.

When I bought mine the service was outstanding and John couldn't do enough for me. Since then Lifestyle have become very popular and they had to increase the number they build, which they do to order. A mate of mine bought one and had a couple of very minor things forgotten. I spoke with John and he acknowledgedthat they got too busy. John told me he sat with his staff and they all decided they would rather go back to building less and making sure they kept the quality they are known for. This is the only "Bad" point but then I respect that they acknowledged that and decided to rectify it.

Would I buy one again knowing this...you bet. The overall quality is excellent compared to many and the spec level is great. The way I had mine built and the accessories I have for it do have a camper that has all the unctionality of a Kimberley Kamper but for only $20k, and that includes the 2nd fridge and generator I bought with the change I had after dealing with John.

If you email me I will send a link (if I can f to my photobucket sie which has some pics of mine. Otherwise the Lifestyle website is www.lifestylecampertrailers.com.au

Hope this helps
Cheers
Ev

AnswerID: 370364

Sponsored Links