Knife Sharpening Systems

Submitted: Tuesday, Jun 16, 2009 at 14:07
ThreadID: 69870 Views:2183 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi Gang,

This a follow up on Knife Sharpening Systems Thread 69389.

I read this thread and was very interested in it. So l have just purchased a Lansky Deluxe sharpening system.

l have just done 1 boning knife and a 12 inch butchers knife and l am very happy with the results on how sharp they are and how little work l had to do.

l hate sharpening any knife but this was so easy and l would recommend them to any one.

l have no affiliation with this company just happy with product

Thanks for previous thread, as l would not have known about this product.

David Will

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: guzzi - Tuesday, Jun 16, 2009 at 17:40

Tuesday, Jun 16, 2009 at 17:40
I have both the Lansky delux and a Spyderco sharpmaker, both are good systems.
I now find the sharpmaker does most of the light maintenance and touch ups and the Lansky has been relegated to heavy repair of rally flogged edges, which it does faster than the sharpmaker.

Pete
AnswerID: 370356

Reply By: Member - John Baas (WA) - Tuesday, Jun 16, 2009 at 20:58

Tuesday, Jun 16, 2009 at 20:58
Thanks for that David.

I started that thread and still haven't got around to a purchase so I think I might follow your example with Lansky.

Thanks also to the Spyderco advocates.

Cheers.
AnswerID: 370412

Reply By: davida - Wednesday, Jun 17, 2009 at 12:06

Wednesday, Jun 17, 2009 at 12:06
David,

Where did you manage to buy this? Can I ask the price?

thanks

David
AnswerID: 370488

Follow Up By: Member - David Will (VIC) - Wednesday, Jun 17, 2009 at 14:07

Wednesday, Jun 17, 2009 at 14:07
Hi David,

I got mine off Ebay, l bid on a few but the price was going higher than the buy now price. l got it for $85.00 plus $11.00 postage $96.00 all up delivered to my door.

I ordered it on Sunday arvo and it was delivered Wednesday morning,got it from :tassienerida knives in Hobart.

Put LANSKY in the search on Ebay and then scroll down to the bottom of the list and you will find buy now products. there are a few to choose from.

If you go to this link on You Tube it shows how to use it, l found it very helpful
www.youtube.com/watch?v=KW64B0MZVOE

I have only used it twice and found it great

Hope this helps

David
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 637831

Sponsored Links