Gibb river road

Submitted: Tuesday, Jun 16, 2009 at 21:30
ThreadID: 69896 Views:2105 Replies:4 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Off sat on our 4 week trip up the gibb.Just wondering about rubbish disposal on the way. Do any of the stations allow this.
Thanks to any who reply.
Cheers graeme.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Mark & Michelle + 1 - Tuesday, Jun 16, 2009 at 21:55

Tuesday, Jun 16, 2009 at 21:55
Hi Graeme
We too head off on Saturday for the GRR and Broome, coming up the Tanami Road. May run into you on the way.
I understand from what we have looked at that it is basically carry you own out of most places with rubbish trailers at Mt Barnett Roadhouse and Imintji.
This is not definitive by any means and there may be others who can expand. If so it will be good for us too.
Safe Travels
Cheers
Mark
Every place visited is a new experience.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 370424

Follow Up By: pheonix - Friday, Jun 19, 2009 at 09:10

Friday, Jun 19, 2009 at 09:10
Mark, Michelle and 1 that would be Abraham I would guess! Hello from the Bells we met you last year in Alice Springs 2 girls Ashleigh and Cate. We had a ball on the GRR make sure you swim everywhere you can it is a special part of the world.

Broome was hetic but again unreal. Be safe travelling and good to see you are realising your dream trip.

Graeme & Karen
FollowupID: 638112

Follow Up By: Member - Mark & Michelle + 1 - Friday, Jun 19, 2009 at 09:46

Friday, Jun 19, 2009 at 09:46
Hi Graeme, Karen, Ashleigh and Kate,
Good to hear from you, yes we remember meeting you.
Abraham becomes +1 because the profile wont display the lot.

Only one more sleep but who is counting, on the road 7am tomorrow morning. Looking forward to the four weeks away and exploring the area. Even have a home cooked meal waiting for us whem we get to Broome which will be good.

Trying to talk Michelle into the Canning and Gary Junction loop this time next year, so who knows where we will end up. Alternative is the Plenty, Birdsville track, Oodnadatta Track and Binns Track back to Alice Springs over the 4 week break. Time will tell.
Cheers
Mark
Every place visited is a new experience.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 638116

Reply By: Peter_n_Margaret - Wednesday, Jun 17, 2009 at 08:06

Wednesday, Jun 17, 2009 at 08:06
There is a rubbish transfer station at the GRR/Kalumburu Road intersection, and at Kalumburu.

Cheers,
Peter
OKA196 Motorhome
AnswerID: 370457

Reply By: Member - Matt & Julie (VIC) - Wednesday, Jun 17, 2009 at 18:39

Wednesday, Jun 17, 2009 at 18:39
Hi Graeme w

There are bins at the intersection of the Tanami & Great Northern Hwy when we did this trip we put our rubbish in bins as we come across them
Cheers

Matt & Julie

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 370549

Reply By: Member - Bill O (QLD) - Wednesday, Jun 17, 2009 at 18:55

Wednesday, Jun 17, 2009 at 18:55
Just finished the Gibb. From memory you will need to carry your rubbish out of the CALM camping grounds. However there is either a rubbish collection point not far from them or you can get rid of it at the roadhouse's/stations when going through. We didn't carry it for more than a few hours as there was always somewhere you could dispose of it.

Cheers
AnswerID: 370554

Sponsored Links