Phoenix Scorpion

Submitted: Wednesday, Jun 17, 2009 at 01:52
ThreadID: 69899 Views:2536 Replies:3 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Any Phoenix scorpion owners out there , iam researching the off road van market and so far i really like the scorpion , iam wondering what the head room is like in them as iam a tall fella six foot five an the old scone cops a battering in boats and vans that dont have good head room , also iam wondering what price they start at is two figures and then up into three once you add the fruit to it ? just trying to get into the picture here.
Any in fo would be great.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ob - Wednesday, Jun 17, 2009 at 11:33

Wednesday, Jun 17, 2009 at 11:33
Duane,
Don't own that particular brand myself but I'm sure there is a mob called the Phoenix Owners Group that would probably more than happy to help

Cheers ob
AnswerID: 370481

Reply By: ozjohn0 - Wednesday, Jun 17, 2009 at 16:43

Wednesday, Jun 17, 2009 at 16:43
My only answer is "WOW" Wish I could afford one.
Phoenix are my number one choice in Off Roaders.
ozjohn.
AnswerID: 370526

Reply By: Phoenix Owners Group - Wednesday, Jun 17, 2009 at 17:43

Wednesday, Jun 17, 2009 at 17:43
Hi Duane
We've got a few die-hard Scorpion owners in the group. Click here to go to the forum.
There's also links in the Documents area on there to a couple of reviews on the Scorpion.

Head height can be ordered to suit but std is 1900mm I think. We had 1950mm and I'm 6'1" and had plenty to spare.

Price varies of course but for an 17/18 footer with shwr/wc and set up with solar and the normal options it'll hover around the 90-100k mark. Quite easy to add another 10k when you start adding all the good stuff like diesel heaters etc.

Got a soft spot for the Scorpions, they're one of the few true off roaders, purpose built for corrugations and the tighter tracks.

John

AnswerID: 370537

Follow Up By: Member - Duane A (WA) - Wednesday, Jun 17, 2009 at 20:26

Wednesday, Jun 17, 2009 at 20:26
John thanks for the info mate i checked out the site but could only access some of it as you need a pass word , are you happy with your van and if there was anything you could change what would it be ? . Do they make the vans custom or do they have some made up in there show room i might have to fly over and check one out . cheers Duane.
FollowupID: 637889

Follow Up By: Phoenix Owners Group - Wednesday, Jun 17, 2009 at 23:12

Wednesday, Jun 17, 2009 at 23:12
You'll have to register - quick process and you'll get all the advice you could ever need.

Main thing I'd change would be less bells and whistles to keep wieght down. Keep it simple.

Phoenix are known for their willingness to customise, that's part of why we ended up there.

They have a showroom van showing a popular layout and you can have a gander on what's in production.

John
FollowupID: 637918

Follow Up By: Member - Duane A (WA) - Thursday, Jun 18, 2009 at 00:36

Thursday, Jun 18, 2009 at 00:36
John how long did it take them to biuld your van ?
ive heard 2 months is that true ? seems fairly quick to put a van together that fast and one would think they would have a back log to get through just seems strange is the company fairly big and well established you dont hear or see much of them on the west coast if they told you it will be 12 months you would think thats about the norm ,just hope there not starved of work and feeling the crunch ok ive registered with the site ive got a waiting period it tells me for exceptance something like that regards Duane .
FollowupID: 637923

Follow Up By: RovingOz (QLD) - Thursday, Jun 18, 2009 at 08:41

Thursday, Jun 18, 2009 at 08:41
Hi Duane, best to ring Phoenix for the right info. I've been speaking to a prospective owner on the POG forum who is expecting delivery in Oct.

You should be able to access the forum now.

John

FollowupID: 637936

Sponsored Links