JAYCO EAGLE OR HAWK OWNERS

Submitted: Sunday, Jun 21, 2009 at 09:38
ThreadID: 70022 Views:2711 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi folks, how do you manage pulling out the queen bed at the drawbar end when you want to leave the 4by attached? Is it possible or do you have to unhook? Our 79 Swan has a doulble bed and with it extended there's only 10cm from it to the tailgate of the Pathfinder so I can get away with leaving the van on and avoiding the hassle of unhooking just to move a few cm foward. Cheers, Glenn
Warrie

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: tazbaz - Sunday, Jun 21, 2009 at 09:56

Sunday, Jun 21, 2009 at 09:56
Glen
I have a 2008 Eagle Outback and have no trouble with leaving my Kia Sorento hooked up - like your Pathfinder, there's only about 10cm to the tailgate, but thats ok
AnswerID: 371135

Reply By: Motherhen - Sunday, Jun 21, 2009 at 11:58

Sunday, Jun 21, 2009 at 11:58
We had something like a Dove (small one), and we had to unhitch to slide out the beds, and it was a nuisance as we were moving on almost every night. Could you make an extended draw bar on yours?

Motherhen
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 371149

Reply By: Martyn (WA) - Sunday, Jun 21, 2009 at 19:32

Sunday, Jun 21, 2009 at 19:32
Hi Glen,
I unhitched my Jayco Eagle, yes you could pull the bed out but I then couldn't open the back door of the vehicle to access the fridge for the food & drink. So if I was stopping even overnight I used to be committed to unhitching the Jayco. One of the small little reasons that mounted up that I eventually sold the Jayco and now I've gone back to a hard floor flip out to the back, a Tvan actually. For overnight stop off convenience and the pull over off the road type stop in my opinion you can't beat the old flip over camper trailer. Everything has pluses and minuses you just have to find out what suits your style of camping, this suits ours.
Keep the shiny side up

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 371221

Sponsored Links