New and needing help for WA travel

Submitted: Sunday, Jun 21, 2009 at 21:56
ThreadID: 70044 Views:2740 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I'm new to Exploroz and have seen that people like Equinox has been from Meekatharra to Mullewa and David & Michelle have info for the Variety Club WA Adventure that looks like Cue and heading NE, someone else with the Carnarvon Ranges and also tried to download the Top of the Kennedy Ranges track and given up.

In the holidays in 2 weeks time, we will be heading off to Afgan Rock, possibly Carnarvon Ranges or across through Murchison and up to Kennedy and Warroora. I have been through Murchison, Kennedy, Mt Augustus, Parabadoo recently and know some of the area, but am looking for more details on other possibilities.

Am I able to get info/contact on these roads/trips/photos?

I've called Exploroz WA 3 times about the Download PLT and still can't figure out how to get the info from the email sent to me about the Top of the Kennedy Ranges.

Can anyone help?
Thx
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - John Baas (WA) - Monday, Jun 22, 2009 at 00:04

Monday, Jun 22, 2009 at 00:04
Hi Rob, chk thread 69506.

Equinox has posted a plot which you should, as member, be able to download.

http://www.exploroz.com/PointPlace/Plt/FullPlotDetails.asp?TrackPlotID=833

Cheers.
AnswerID: 371267

Reply By: Richard Kovac - Monday, Jun 22, 2009 at 00:11

Monday, Jun 22, 2009 at 00:11
Rob

You need credit points to down load plotfiles and also OziExplorer software to run them,,

If you can't get them,., MM me (member massage) me and give me and e-mail address and i will send them..

As for the the Gascoyne I would visit the tourist centre the are some graet trips out there

The Wool Wagon run

The Mail run

and more

Cheers

Richard
AnswerID: 371268

Reply By: Member - Rob P1 (WA) - Monday, Jun 22, 2009 at 22:06

Monday, Jun 22, 2009 at 22:06
Thx for both your help!
AnswerID: 371409

Reply By: Tim HJ61 (WA) - Tuesday, Jun 23, 2009 at 01:30

Tuesday, Jun 23, 2009 at 01:30
Rob,

I've just returned from an 8 day circuit of Perth, Geraldton, Carnarvon, Cue, Kalgoorlie, Perth.

Relevant to your query; I left Carnarvon about 2pm Friday afternoon and camped off the road about 60km past Gascoyne Junction on the Carnarvon to Mullewa Road. You'll need a map to follow the rest of my description.

Next day I stopped off at Bilong Pool on the Carnarvon to Mullewa Road which is certainly worth a visit or even an overnighter. It's well marked and on the Kingsford Smith Mail Run Pathway. I proceeded down to Murchison Settlement and spent the night in the campground at Wooleen Station.

Next day I got to Cue, driving the easy and well marked station tracks via Boolardy and Kalli Stations then onto the bitumen 40km north of Cue near Glen station. Overnight was the excellent Queen of the Murchison B&B

I had some family research to do around Cue and left mid morning the next day. I travelled through Wondinong station - which offers station stays - on my way to Sandstone, then turned south east onto the Sandstone to Menzies Road. I camped about 50km north of Lake Ballard in a gravel pit beside the road.

Next day was Lake Ballard, south to Riverina, Callion, Ora Banda and back on the black top to Kalgoorlie.

This part of my trip was around 1550km with all bar 90km on dirt roads, quite easily covered with a reasonable vehicle. I have a 61 series diesel landcruiser running on vege oil and it was perfect for the tracks. I travelled alone and used my HF to connect with VKS737 each day.

It has been raining in the southern parts of the trip recently, but all that has dried up now.

My photos are at
Gascoyne Murchison tour photos

Hope this is useful.

Tim

AnswerID: 371430

Sponsored Links