Fuel prices

Submitted: Friday, Jun 26, 2009 at 10:53
ThreadID: 70166 Views:2098 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi
I had some diesel delivered to my place today and thought it was a bit high so hi hit the net and did some surfing .
The fuel watch sites are pretty good for the capitals but not so good for other areas like Geelong.
One site for fuel prices gave the numbers of numerous service station in Geelong. I rang some of these numbers some would give me the price but some would not. Apco were very stroppy when I asked for a price. They said it was against the law to give out fuel prices.

Has this always been the case or is it a new thing with fuel stations?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Robert HL (SEQ)(aka zuksctr) - Friday, Jun 26, 2009 at 11:48

Friday, Jun 26, 2009 at 11:48
The wife works for servo & they are definately not to give out fuel prices over the phone.

Bob.
AnswerID: 371941

Reply By: Nargun51 - Friday, Jun 26, 2009 at 12:05

Friday, Jun 26, 2009 at 12:05
Not giving prices over the phone is a commercial decision. They won't give it out because it would allow their competitors to post their price $0.00.1 cheaper. This way the owner has to either subscribe to a price watch company or get it the car to check out the competitors

If the person states it is the law that it can't be given out over the phone ask what is the applicable legislation, Division Number, Part Number and Section number. Also enquire has the company's interpretation of this been tested in Court or whether there is a precedent

They'll hang up

Of course it could be that the boss's direction is law in that office
AnswerID: 371944

Reply By: Lachie - Friday, Jun 26, 2009 at 19:03

Friday, Jun 26, 2009 at 19:03
Thanks for your replies
Lachie
AnswerID: 371999

Sponsored Links