CONDENSATION IN POPTOPS??

Submitted: Friday, Jun 26, 2009 at 15:35
ThreadID: 70173 Views:2407 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Just bought a new Concept Belmont 16' Poptop Bunk Van and had it for almost 2 weeks now. Has been setup and used since the day we picked it up and the entire time it hasnt stopped raining. Anyway we notice that we get what appears to be condensation around the internal metal framework and we just wondered if this was normal or not?? We dont use a heater in the van and I try and keep as many windows open of a night as I can to help circulate the air but some nights are worse than others depending on the outside temps. I have been wiping it away most morning when it is really beaded as I dont want it dripping onto bedding etc etc.

Also we found that water got in under the front window and was laying on the sill and on the top bunk cushion. Given we were driving through heavy rain and wet roads for about 350kms prior to noticing it again we dont know if this happens to other vans and is to be expected or not????

We have never owned a van before and not sure what is considered normal in wet weather and whats not - should we be contacting the dealer??

As a seperate comment the Concept Van is fantastic - just brilliant!!
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Rod E B - Friday, Jun 26, 2009 at 16:15

Friday, Jun 26, 2009 at 16:15
I have a galaxy 16 ft van

the condensation on the metal frame occurs in my van , usually when it's bloody cold outside , like last month in Tassie

stayed in Armidale one year and the condensation turned to icicles

i think it's normal
AnswerID: 371964

Reply By: Member - Ian W (NSW) - Friday, Jun 26, 2009 at 16:39

Friday, Jun 26, 2009 at 16:39
As the owner of an Evernew Pop Top, I too confirm that condensation is a fact of life.

You might reduce it but not eliminate it during the colder months.

Ian
AnswerID: 371967

Reply By: Hairs & Fysh (NSW) - Friday, Jun 26, 2009 at 16:52

Friday, Jun 26, 2009 at 16:52
Hi Just Going,
Here is a recent thread were they talk about Condensation. ThreadID: 70101

Also as Ian mentioned, It is a fact of life in a van.
Fysh & myself lived in a 27ft Viscount for nine years. We learnt to leave a window open,and don't get it to humid inside and wipe down moisture when you see it.
We found the annex vinyl roof the worst, if not noticed mold would start growing.

AnswerID: 371974

Reply By: just goin - Saturday, Jun 27, 2009 at 19:18

Saturday, Jun 27, 2009 at 19:18
Thanks to everyone for their help - my mind is at ease now.
Cheers
AnswerID: 372115

Sponsored Links