You Buy your pride and joy with your hard earn't!!.

Submitted: Saturday, Jun 27, 2009 at 19:48
ThreadID: 70205 Views:3551 Replies:11 FollowUps:15
This Thread has been Archived
I Km from home last night, and on the approach of a roundabout we noticed a gathering of youths to left of the foot path area, next minute a missile hit the cruiser about half way up the passengers door...Luckily it seems as though it was a rolled up newspaper and didn't put a dent in the panel,, {imagine a brick) but the thing is without criticing the youth of the day !!!, WHAT ARE YOU SUPPOSEDTO THINK???. ( Iwas screaming Stop!, SWMBO said" no you will only get killed!!!??? )

Cheers Axle.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: oldpop - Saturday, Jun 27, 2009 at 19:56

Saturday, Jun 27, 2009 at 19:56
This post has been read by the moderation team and has been moderated due to a breach of The Foul Language Rule .

Forum Moderation Team
AnswerID: 372119

Reply By: Hairy (NT) - Saturday, Jun 27, 2009 at 19:58

Saturday, Jun 27, 2009 at 19:58
Gday,
I know how you feel!
Except I got hit by a couple of big rocks! ( around $2000 damage)
Its nothing out of the ordinary to hear of a dozen cars getting rocked over a weekend in Alice.
Cheers
Hairy
AnswerID: 372120

Follow Up By: Member - Axle - Saturday, Jun 27, 2009 at 20:19

Saturday, Jun 27, 2009 at 20:19
Hi Hairy,..... Your probably in a more vunerable area than us , and not being critical here, But the thing is !!, GOLD, BRONZE, BLACK, WHITE, Youth is creating the same probs from state to state~!!.

Cheers Axle.
FollowupID: 639387

Reply By: Members Paul and Melissa (VIC) - Saturday, Jun 27, 2009 at 20:02

Saturday, Jun 27, 2009 at 20:02
Yep i know how you feel,many moons ago i had a 58 FC Holden with an XU1 motor in it all done up,we were driving thru Dandenong(Vic) and there was this almighty crash then the LHS windows were wet.we pulled over to find a beer bottle had been thrown at the car and it hit the centre pillar between the doors,put a nice ding in it(bloody hard spot to dent)my brother spotted the culprits and made chase,his mate in hot pursuit also.they eventually got him and gave him a royal flogging,and the only other thing was that car also got a key run across the boot lid,the only car i ever owned that had been targetted or vandalised.it is no different today than 20 or more years ago-maybe just happens more regularly.
AnswerID: 372122

Reply By: Member - joc45 (WA) - Saturday, Jun 27, 2009 at 20:02

Saturday, Jun 27, 2009 at 20:02
She was right - keep driving.

There has been a recent spate of youths hurling rocks at buses over here in Perth - restricted to only couple of suburbs, but enough incidents to cause concern.
And then there are the morons who throw rocks from freeway pedestrian overpasses. This is manslaughter stuff.
AnswerID: 372123

Follow Up By: Member - Timbo - Monday, Jun 29, 2009 at 12:16

Monday, Jun 29, 2009 at 12:16
It's not manslaughter because that would imply it was accidental. It can only be described as premeditated/planned attempted murder. How many rocks do you see 'lying around' one the top of overpasses? None. For someone to be able to throw a rock from an overpass, they have to have picked it up someplace and carried it up there - you can't tell me that's not planned.
FollowupID: 639548

Follow Up By: Nargun51 - Monday, Jun 29, 2009 at 12:55

Monday, Jun 29, 2009 at 12:55
You’re right; one of the bases of the charge of murder does rest with intent.

The definition of murder in most states is the common law definition; the unlawful killing of a person where there is an intent to kill or to inflict serious injury or grievous bodily harm.

This has to be proven by the Crown beyond all reasonable doubt for a charge of murder to stick

All the defence has to raise the defence that the person charged had no formed intent to kill or harm someone in dropping the rock… then it becomes manslaughter (or possibly a lesser charge).

I’m wondering why there is all the fuss about this whole thread is about…if the object thrown was cardboard or paper; the only offence committed is littering.

Lock up some kids for littering? Haul the Federal Government back to start sitting to ban kids littering?

I know that actions such as this at night is fraught with danger as the immediate response is to swerve, and possibly losie control

Perhaps the better approach would have been to call the local cops or even 000 and report it. Again, there is no need for the cops to charge them, just give them a bit of a chat and explain the consequences of their actions… the
FollowupID: 639555

Follow Up By: disco driver - Monday, Jun 29, 2009 at 17:54

Monday, Jun 29, 2009 at 17:54
Nargun 51,

I hope that you are not serious with your comments.

Dropkicks dropping ROCKS, not pebbles, from an overpass footbridge know exactly what they are doing and unless they are totally devoid of any brain they know what is likely to happen.

The stuff being chucked at cars and buses in WA is definitely NOT pebbles, it's the size of housebricks and there are too many little, and not so little, dropkicks doing it.

Do you really think that a "bit of a chat" will have any effect on them, a good boot up the khyber might have some effect, but a bit of a chat.................I don't think so.

By the time you, as the driver, have got over the shock of your screen bleep tering before your eyes, avoided any nearby object, stopped your vehicle, checked that you are still in one piece with no injuries and looked for the offenders, do you really think that ringing the police would help catch the little sods. They would be long gone.

Just my point of view and opinion.

Disco.
FollowupID: 639580

Reply By: Rockape - Saturday, Jun 27, 2009 at 20:33

Saturday, Jun 27, 2009 at 20:33
My lad had his car bricked in Mackay a few months ago. The little darlings bricked a total of 50 cars causing $49700 damage, only 35 people claimed damages and they will be lucky to get a cent.

My lad didn't bother, having said that, I wouldn't want to be one of the morons who did it, they will have to watch their backs big time.

Pay backs a bitch and the town is not very big. They can run but they can't hide
AnswerID: 372127

Follow Up By: Member - Axle - Saturday, Jun 27, 2009 at 20:58

Saturday, Jun 27, 2009 at 20:58
G/Day Rock Ape, .".Same ol same ol",State To State, But whats the answer??, Theres more concern on this little forum than whats ever expressed

in local government on this particular subject.!.

Cheers Axle.
FollowupID: 639392

Reply By: Robin Miller - Saturday, Jun 27, 2009 at 21:20

Saturday, Jun 27, 2009 at 21:20
Hi Axle

Oh well , if its dented here is an unbeatable deal on a new one with even better performance , but maybe I should buy it.

http://www.northernmotors.com.au/nissan-patrol.html
Robin Miller

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 372135

Follow Up By: Member - Axle - Saturday, Jun 27, 2009 at 21:54

Saturday, Jun 27, 2009 at 21:54
MMNMMMM! !!!, What Ya Talkingi about!! On inspection the Toyo did not dent, SOLID !!!!. Patrols comming??, Never going to beat the greatest giant in the automobile industry!!! TOYOTA!!.......... Comming from a landrover owner!!, ......... Hahahahahaha!

Cheewrs Axle.
FollowupID: 639402

Follow Up By: Robin Miller - Sunday, Jun 28, 2009 at 06:47

Sunday, Jun 28, 2009 at 06:47
You can be sure the Patrol would have dented Axle , thats the other side of having such good side slope stability - but with me also looking for a new car , that auto 4800 Patrol is cheaper in dollars than I paid for my manual 7 years ago now unbelieveable!
Robin Miller

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 639416

Reply By: Maîneÿ . . .- Sunday, Jun 28, 2009 at 09:08

Sunday, Jun 28, 2009 at 09:08
Unfortunately there can be no political involvement as they have all gone on their 7 week mid-winter break.
A Court will just smack the mongrels hand and send him back to do it all again next week, till he kills some-one and then gets a few years Jail, but gets out in 8 months for 'acting' remorseful and then kills some-one else.
( Make the punishment FIT the crime - first time )

Maîneÿ . . .
AnswerID: 372157

Reply By: Member - DAZA (QLD) - Sunday, Jun 28, 2009 at 11:37

Sunday, Jun 28, 2009 at 11:37
G/Day

A few years ago I was driving on the Gold Coast Hwy, when a School Bus passed me and a High School Student threw an Apple out the window and it come through the truck window and hit me on the shoulder, it didn't hurt but I was startled, when I calmed down I waited for the Bus to pull over at the next stop and I pulled over in front of it, I got out and spoke to the Poor Bl##dy bus driver, I told him what had happened and he said can you indicate who did it, and naturally I couldn't, he said mate, a bloke has to have eyes in the back of his head, he said they even throw stuff at me when I'm driving, he said report the matter to the School Principal, you will be doing me a favour, I did that and still didn't get any results, and yes it was a Private School, and you can cop crap from all Teenagers, they don't have to be in working class families ect.

Cheers
AnswerID: 372178

Reply By: JimDi - Sunday, Jun 28, 2009 at 11:40

Sunday, Jun 28, 2009 at 11:40
Axle,
I understand your frustration.And it happens everywhere. Who is to blame?
I was walking back home(Brissy) this morning from buying my Sunday paper and walked past a local restaurant. The manager was out cleaning up the mess from busted plants,mud etc. Who did it? Kids!!! Where were the parents? In the restaurant dining and drinking.
Jim
AnswerID: 372179

Reply By: Member - Longtooth (SA) - Sunday, Jun 28, 2009 at 21:50

Sunday, Jun 28, 2009 at 21:50
A couple of years ago whilst departing Kunawarritji after picking up fuel there was a line of the local kids waving in a friendly manner. Trouble was after passing up came the other hand and they launched rocks at us. Fortunately they were rotten shots so kept on going. The car behind had the same but slowed and went towards them - they bolted into the countryside.
AnswerID: 372255

Reply By: Member - Timbo - Monday, Jun 29, 2009 at 12:20

Monday, Jun 29, 2009 at 12:20
Throwing eggs at cars is the craze in the ACT. The shell usually strips the paint right back to the bare metal.
AnswerID: 372307

Sponsored Links