Pod Trailer

Submitted: Sunday, Jun 28, 2009 at 20:00
ThreadID: 70227 Views:4512 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Anyone had any experience with the Pod trailer off road in the harsh central Australian outback such as Anne Beadel track. Is it a good alternative to the camper trailer.

Thomo
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: davida - Monday, Jun 29, 2009 at 15:37

Monday, Jun 29, 2009 at 15:37
I too would be interested in anybody's experience with these. I am thinking of buying the standard Pod trailer (not off road model) as a basic trailer + kayak carrier. They look very well made, although a bit pricey.

David
AnswerID: 372323

Follow Up By: padickins - Friday, Jul 24, 2009 at 22:19

Friday, Jul 24, 2009 at 22:19
I have had a standard Pod Trailer for just under two years and would highly recommend them. The fact they are light weight and have the lockable lid make them very versatile. We used our for camping and it was great. We basically left it packed in the garage and whenever we did a trip, simply added our clothes and food and off we went. Sadly we are now selling it (see listing in Trader) as we have upgraded to a caravan, but as I said, I would highly recommend the Pod Trailer.
FollowupID: 643464

Reply By: Member - The Bushwhackers -NSW - Monday, Jun 29, 2009 at 16:03

Monday, Jun 29, 2009 at 16:03
Hi Thomo, I know nothing about Pods, but I think the member Mandrake might have one, check out his profile, and mm him if its the right thing, Dave
AnswerID: 372326

Reply By: Mandrake - Monday, Jun 29, 2009 at 18:58

Monday, Jun 29, 2009 at 18:58
Yep I got one - Just sent Thomo an MM about it - I'm happy with mine but I tend to think that for serious off-road tracks like you mention they might be too light and bounce around a bit too much .. They only weigh in at 300 Kgs for the off-roader - However they are well sealed against the dirtr dust and rain ( whatever that is !! ) ..
Gotta admit I like mine and I didnt spend $1700 on the "kitchen" haha - made the box myself for $200 ... added a $60 cooker all done !!
65 litre water tank and now Solar Panel / Battery and reg - ciggy lighter sockets on the rear for lighting when annex is up .. Made my own PVC see-through wall on the kitchen side ( see profile ) and its great - August / September and October will really test it out !!
St George here we come !! Yee ha

Rgds

Steve
AnswerID: 372350

Sponsored Links