Perth's Weather Last Night

Submitted: Monday, Jun 29, 2009 at 09:50
ThreadID: 70237 Views:2933 Replies:5 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
What a shocker. Worst wind gusts, in my opinion, for several years.

Hope everyone got away without any damage.

I've decided that becoming a Grey Gonad and disappearing somewhere else every winter is now compulsory.

Been up since 3am, now to get some sleep.

I'm glad I ain't too scared to be lazy
- Augustus McCrae (Lonesome Dove)

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - joc45 (WA) - Monday, Jun 29, 2009 at 10:00

Monday, Jun 29, 2009 at 10:00
Yes, quite a shocker.
Woke me up around 4:15, couldn't get back to sleep, so had an early brekky and went in to the gym; have now returned. Supposed to get worse this morning. Might go back to bed! No damage here on the hill in Doubleview, but there's lots of crap on the roads coming home and a couple of trees down. One guy reported a carport in the middle of the street in his neighbourhood. There was loose roofing at Beatty Park, and the outdoor pool was closed as a safety precaution. Also some windows threatening to blow in. Nasty!
Looking forward to Kalbarri in 3 weeks to get away from this miserable weather. There's been plenty of rain in that area over the last couple of weeks, so the gorges should be good.
Gerry

AnswerID: 372290

Reply By: AlanTH - Monday, Jun 29, 2009 at 11:03

Monday, Jun 29, 2009 at 11:03
Great weather, not too much of the damaging winds and just what we need to stop the whingers at WaterCorp or whatever they call themselves.
When we first moved into this place near the coast and on a hill, it was the noisiest place we'd ever lived in, the wind roaring around it used to be tremendous but since other places have been built on the downside out the back and sides the wind tends to go over missing us.
The ocean looks really rough today, Fremantle has been closed to ship movements, and here's hoping it settles down a bit by Friday as we're off on a cruise and the Cook is getting queasy at the thought of it!!!
Good job someone else will be doing the cooking or I might go hungry.
Cheers.
Alan.
AnswerID: 372292

Follow Up By: Member - RobG J (WA) - Tuesday, Jun 30, 2009 at 10:46

Tuesday, Jun 30, 2009 at 10:46
Have a great time on the cruise. My sister and her husband and a group of friends are all going on the same cruise out of Freo. Should only be bad for a couple of days going out and a couple coming home.
We are going May 31st 2010, 21 days, should be good. Rob J
FollowupID: 639669

Reply By: get outmore - Monday, Jun 29, 2009 at 12:18

Monday, Jun 29, 2009 at 12:18
dunno what you were compaining about. Since moving to perth ive missed the thunderstorms and cyclonic downpours Perth misses out on.

this morning was one of the few thunderstorms ive seen here in 3 years. Living in the foothills they make an awsome sound echoing of of the hills.

as for wind meh the BOM site says 60-80kph gusts at the airport (near me) which is an everynight/morning occurance in the foothills in summer with the easterlies
AnswerID: 372306

Follow Up By: Gone Bush (WA) - Monday, Jun 29, 2009 at 12:26

Monday, Jun 29, 2009 at 12:26
3 years........

I'm glad I ain't too scared to be lazy
- Augustus McCrae (Lonesome Dove)

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 639550

Follow Up By: Member - RFLundgren (NSW) - Tuesday, Jun 30, 2009 at 23:28

Tuesday, Jun 30, 2009 at 23:28
That would be bloody right. We move from Perth back to the East Coast and there is finally a storm after 3 years.

Thats one of the things that we missed most living in Perth, the great storms (particularly after a hot summers day) that you always seem to get on the East Coast, rolling in from over the sea. Definitely looking forward to seeing some of those as its been a long time :)

Dont miss the wind too much either. Every morning I wake up here and the first thing I notice after the cold is the lack of wind. So nice not to be blown away...LOL

Cheers

Cheers

Richard

FollowupID: 639782

Reply By: Member - Redbakk (WA) - Monday, Jun 29, 2009 at 15:45

Monday, Jun 29, 2009 at 15:45
Here's hoping the dams will get a much needed fill up...................

AnswerID: 372324

Reply By: The Geriatric Gypsies - Monday, Jun 29, 2009 at 19:20

Monday, Jun 29, 2009 at 19:20
goodday steve
mate you should join us currently in townsville sun shining little breeze biggest problem trying to find somewhere to walk the dog lmao

steve
hope all is safe
AnswerID: 372359

Sponsored Links