Have found a pet friendly Motel in Rockhampton

Submitted: Tuesday, Jun 30, 2009 at 10:51
ThreadID: 70262 Views:3716 Replies:1 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
The day before I left Scone I was still trying to find a place to stay with the wife and two dogs in Rocky.

Finally found one.

The Miles caravan Pk was not a problem as long as the dogs did not sleep on the beds (in the cabin).

Well my dogs are a reasonable size, one is a great dane X and both are scared of thunder and lightining. I was up most of the night letting them in when a storm front came across and then letting them out when it had finished.

When I got to Rocky I picked the Wife up from the airport and went to the A1 Motel on Gladestone Rd.

Eighty dollars a night for us and an extra $10 for the two dogs.

Once again their only concern was the dogs did not sleep on the bed. The room was clean and there was plenty of hot water.

A pub with well priced meals was only 100 mtrs away.

Would highly recommend this place.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - DAZA (QLD) - Tuesday, Jun 30, 2009 at 17:36

Tuesday, Jun 30, 2009 at 17:36
G/Day Boo Boo

Just wondering are these Motel Rooms for Pets only, or do they just don't give a stuff, about the general clientele, the owners of the Motel wouldn't have a clue re what goes on when the doors are closed,I wonder what the local Council Health Section would think, don't get me wrong I like animals ect, but I do respect other peoples well being,

PS. I am not having a go at you, just thinking out aloud lol.

Cheers
AnswerID: 372490

Follow Up By: Member - Boo Boo (NSW) - Tuesday, Jun 30, 2009 at 19:11

Tuesday, Jun 30, 2009 at 19:11
Daza

I really don't know about the health dept etc, but the rooms were clean with no hint of dogs etc, no smell, no hairs.

Although they do fill a big gap for those that need accommodation with dogs.

We do not actually take the dogs in the room unless there is the dreaded thunder storms.

I did notice another couple with a couple of really ugly brown dogs like those in Hooch (with tom Hanks).

They like us had there dogs tied to the car.

I would say that most people leave their dogs outside, but there will be a few that take them inside all night.

Anyway they saved me a big problem.
FollowupID: 639728

Follow Up By: Member - RockyOne - Thursday, Jul 02, 2009 at 14:35

Thursday, Jul 02, 2009 at 14:35
A lot of people's dogs that travel with them are kept cleaner than a lot of potential motel users. My dog has yet pass wind in my rig,wish I could say the same for some of my past passengers I have had cause to carry. They also don't reek of cancer smoke. I just have to make sure that I stop for them and me,every hour or so. Keeps the driver more alert anyway.Just bought a new Navara D-40 so 'Spanner' can travel out back in decent weather. The tie rails fitted as standard,the clever type with the twist quick release,proved made for dogs as I was able to put one of the tie points in the centre,below the rear window for his short chain. Spot on for our dog's safety,he even has his own roll bar in case I go stunt driving.
FollowupID: 640020

Sponsored Links