Honda EU10i Generator

Submitted: Thursday, Jan 31, 2002 at 01:00
ThreadID: 703 Views:4602 Replies:1 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi,
I have read heaps of good press on this little wonder - seen them in action, and am considering adding one to my gear.
Just wondering if there is anybody out there who owns one who would like to make a comment [good or bad] on them

Thanks

Nick
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Porl - Friday, Feb 01, 2002 at 01:00

Friday, Feb 01, 2002 at 01:00
I have one, think it is the bees knees. I am currently obsessed by 12v stuff and the EU10i is amazing. For 240v stuff it is a gem, with the eco throttle it will run a 12v 30L fridge for up to six hours on one tank - and while doing that you can at the same time charge a small deep cycle battery that can run your fridge overnight (or your car battery ) - but get an understanding of voltage levels as to current and a multimeter before you do this so you don't overcharge a battery. And for that six hours if you camp within 100m of a surf beach and the generator is like about 5m away you will note hear an iota from the generator.

I am moving onto the Les Christie battery charger for my needs coupled with bigger and better deep cycle batteries and a small solar panel set up - but for the odd weekend away I'll always be taking the EU10i.

As for price I got mine at a run out sale from a Perth Honda shop , cost me $1,250 brand new out of a box and wrapped in plastic - and i live in Brisbane, so shop around, try the honda shop in Perth with the web site.

And of course, the girlfriend loves the colour.
AnswerID: 1913

Follow Up By: Patrick - Friday, Feb 01, 2002 at 01:00

Porl,

I read a number of times about this Les Christie battery charger. Do you know of a web site where I can get info on what it offers.

Thanks,

Patrick
FollowupID: 645

Follow Up By: Dennis Nicholson - Friday, Feb 01, 2002 at 01:00

thanks for the info Porl. your views reinforce what I have heard and observed. Looks like there is one going in the back of my 4WD very soon. Agree with your views on the hondashop.com.au in Perth. they would appear to have the best price in Oz. thanks.
FollowupID: 648

Sponsored Links