Ark Power Pack

Submitted: Wednesday, Jul 01, 2009 at 22:08
ThreadID: 70318 Views:8337 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I have an ARK POWER PACK with a 90amp deep cycle battery that runs my 50 ltr waeco fridge and other access,its fitted in the back of the ute and I normally charge it off the mains but I was wanting to get an electronic isolator so It charges on te go via the alternator.
Can anybody tell me if I would need to connect the cables from the isolator direct to the aux battery terminals or can they go onto the wing nut connections on the outside of the power pack?
Cheers
Frank
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Ed. C. (QLD) - Wednesday, Jul 01, 2009 at 23:10

Wednesday, Jul 01, 2009 at 23:10
As you'd no doubt be aware, those wing nut connectors are connected directly to the battery terminals (inside the box) via good heavy cables, so I see no reason why you couldn't use them to connect to your isolator..
Indeed, I think that's one of the reasons for them being there;)

Confucius say.....
"He who lie underneath automobile with tool in hand,
....Not necessarily mechanic!!"

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 372717

Follow Up By: RV Powerstream P/L - Thursday, Jul 02, 2009 at 06:54

Thursday, Jul 02, 2009 at 06:54
Hi Frank
Yes you sure can connect that way.
The Sterling ProSplitR zero Volt Drop is the most advanced Splitter and controller in the world today and the safest.
Your alternator power goes to it and it then controls seperate lines for cranking battery and auxilliary battery and monitors all aspects of safe charging and eliminates potential backfeed, over voltage and is simple to install.
Connect alt cable connect cranker cable connect aux cable connet ignition feed to properly marked posts.
If youonly need 1 aux then a 2 output would do the job but if you also have a camper you need a three output unit and it will control all three independently .
I will make a special deal for Ecplore oz custromers with Splitter cables and fittings and if you would like to know more please email info@powerstream.com.au
Ian
FollowupID: 639972

Sponsored Links