ExplorOz Bolt on sand flag.

Submitted: Thursday, Jul 02, 2009 at 07:56
ThreadID: 70320 Views:2196 Replies:1 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Hi Folks
I have a sand flag sitting in Brisbane waiting for my delayed arrival.
To save me a bit of time in getting out of Brisbane could some one please tell me what are the dimensions of the bolts required to bolt the base onto a steel ARB winch bar.
Quicker and easier to bring a couple of bolts and spares out of my workshop with me.
Pity I can't bring the holes with me as well.
Thanks
Cheers
Russ
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Thursday, Jul 02, 2009 at 08:13

Thursday, Jul 02, 2009 at 08:13
I think they were 8mm bolts, I used a 9mm drill bit from memory

I can supply all the stuff needed in St George if you want to fit it out there. The Bolts came with the mounting kit as well.

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 372733

Follow Up By: Member - Russnic [NZ] - Thursday, Jul 02, 2009 at 08:33

Thursday, Jul 02, 2009 at 08:33
Thanks Kev
I hope to visit a desert or two before the St George event so will need the flag before then.
Good to hear the bolts are included, might just bring some any way to add to the collection of just in case spare bolts and things.
I guessed they would be about 9mm but what length?, anyway for spares, better be too long and add a few washers than to be too short.
Cheers
Russ
FollowupID: 639976

Follow Up By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Thursday, Jul 02, 2009 at 08:34

Thursday, Jul 02, 2009 at 08:34
They were about 1 1/2" long c/w nyloc nuts and washers. But I would think only 1" long ones should do the trick.

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 639977

Follow Up By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Thursday, Jul 02, 2009 at 08:35

Thursday, Jul 02, 2009 at 08:35
They were also fully threaded bolts.

Russell Coight:

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 639978

Follow Up By: Member - Russnic [NZ] - Thursday, Jul 02, 2009 at 08:47

Thursday, Jul 02, 2009 at 08:47
Thanks again
I probably have bolts in the spare bits bag anyway, pretty sure there are nylock nuts as well. I will bring some more with me just in case though.
As Murphy says "the size of the bolt that is not at hand will be the size required."
Cheers
Russ.
FollowupID: 639979

Sponsored Links