CDMA on the Tanimi at Yuendumu

Submitted: Thursday, Sep 04, 2003 at 22:29
ThreadID: 7043 Views:1699 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
CDMA net work is available at Yuendumu on the Tanimi, long way removed from 30 years ago

jol
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Tony - Friday, Sep 05, 2003 at 07:07

Friday, Sep 05, 2003 at 07:07
And who is it put there for.

My property is 54k from the ACT and I do not get mobile service.
AnswerID: 30180

Reply By: Willie - Friday, Sep 05, 2003 at 19:44

Friday, Sep 05, 2003 at 19:44
Jol,
That's good to hear and will be of value to all those Tanami travellers. Thanks for advising the forum.
Cheers,
Willie
Never a dull moment
AnswerID: 30222

Reply By: Old Jack - Sunday, Sep 07, 2003 at 21:57

Sunday, Sep 07, 2003 at 21:57
With the advent of satalite Phones you can reach out & touch someone anywhere on the surface of the planet! I keep travelling out into the bush, people complain there phone doesn't work, only reason is they bought the wrong type of phone!

If you have to have communications buy a dual sat/ mobil network phone it's that simple these days. chaep calls in mobil range, reliable calls out of ground based range.

something that is really confusing is that the govermnet owned it's own communication satalite, until a few years ago, sold it off & started putting up mobil phone towers afterwoods??? whoops so that's what it was for "Sat phones! as well as pay TV!" oh well the tax payers missed that one. They should have subsidised sat phone sales in country areas to use up a bit of the satalites band width, hay we owned it aready so why not use it? the more users the cheaper it becomes. handset costs are way down & still falling. it's only going to get cheaper just look at mobile phones, used to cost $1,000 plus a few years ago. now buy from a $100.00 outright no contracts, will soon be the same with sat phones.

Happy travelling every one
AnswerID: 30385

Sponsored Links