Red Claw-what nets are legal in Qld

Hi all ,
quite familiar with the old yabbie and the occasional Murray cray but heading up the channel country and would like to have a feed of Red Claw
Drop nets are fine but wondered if opera house nets were legal in Qld.Will not be getting any more than a couple for a feed if they are as big as i think,
also some bait suggestions would be helpful.
Thanks,
Mary
"Some people walk in the rain,others just get wet."

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: BubblesT - Monday, Jul 06, 2009 at 20:20

Monday, Jul 06, 2009 at 20:20
Opera house nets are legal in Qld and there are a few Red Claw being caught in Kinston Dam and Tinaroo Dam. Plastic drink bottles with holes in them with some dog biscuits not too many as they swell up and let of an odor, or small tins of cat food opened, chicken necks try different baits in all areas what you have with you, chook pellets. Have fun.
AnswerID: 373358

Reply By: Member - Andrew (QLD) - Monday, Jul 06, 2009 at 21:21

Monday, Jul 06, 2009 at 21:21
Have a read of this document for some more info:http://www.dpi.qld.gov.au/documents/Fisheries_RecreationalFishing/RecFishing-RegsGuide.pdf

The main device i've seen used around the area is the opera house style funnel trap....cheap as chips.

Andrew
AnswerID: 373379

Reply By: handy - Tuesday, Jul 07, 2009 at 07:27

Tuesday, Jul 07, 2009 at 07:27
where abouts on the channel country you going to ? cheers
AnswerID: 373418

Follow Up By: Member - Mary W NW VIC - Tuesday, Jul 07, 2009 at 18:18

Tuesday, Jul 07, 2009 at 18:18
Heading from Mildura to Townsville inland at a leisurely pace -There's a lot of Channel country out that way no fixed itinery just go where the mood dictates,
Cheers,
mary
"Some people walk in the rain,others just get wet."

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 640615

Sponsored Links