Diesel fuel price

Submitted: Tuesday, Jul 07, 2009 at 07:18
ThreadID: 70456 Views:1826 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I have just come home from the dark continent for some leave and have noticed the price of diesel is now below that of ULP at my local servo.
It seems that the GFC must be affecting the commercial users as demand must be down and therefor the price. Suits me as both the Patrol and Golf are diesel.
Where I work is a major oil producer and ULP is 0.50c/l and diesel is 0.30c/l and is obviously subsidised. A fill for the Suzuki Vitara that I drive over there is approx AUD23.00 (petrol), but the traffic is so bad that it has taken me 2 hours to drive 5km.
For those who may be interested the Vitara is one very tough 4x4. We have had them now for about 6 years/ 45000km and although have a lot of traffic rash are very reliable, rarely break and the roads, once off the main drag, are true 4x4 torture tracks. They are 1.6EFI 4 door and our group use 5 of them. We also have 2 Nissan Terrano SWB 2.7 diesel and nicer to drive, but not as reliable due poor fuel.
Graeme
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: craig2 - Tuesday, Jul 07, 2009 at 08:45

Tuesday, Jul 07, 2009 at 08:45
I'd have to agree. We had a 1996 Vitara soft top and took it up in the far north and on beachs and no matter what we threw at it nothing would stop it, I was very impressed with the capabillites of the little bugger. We sold it for a LANDROVER TD5 good 4x4 but no where near the reliabiilty of the Vitara. Why we did that is we need seven seats but plaese give me the Vitara back.
AnswerID: 373426

Sponsored Links