lack of spare parts

Submitted: Tuesday, Jul 07, 2009 at 20:15
ThreadID: 70467 Views:1730 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
today i had a late 2008 ford fiesta in for a 15000k service i rang repco and they delivered an oil filter.once on the hoist i realised its the wrong filter it was twice as long as the one on the car.i rang repco back and it was the only one they had listed.they rang ryco and were told they dont do the new filter yet will have to buy genuine.i rang ford and they didnt have one in stock then he said ford dont have any filters at all available yet.they have been on back order since the fiesta came out nearly 12 months ago. ford sugested cleaning the old filter as good as i can and reuse it and then faxed a signed letter saying warranty will still be covered untill new filters arive.afer some ringing around by ford they called back and said other dealers are using the old type filter so just use them for now.i cant believe theres no filters for a car coming up to 12 months old.
cheers
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - joc45 (WA) - Tuesday, Jul 07, 2009 at 22:24

Tuesday, Jul 07, 2009 at 22:24
That's appalling!
And yet, without that fax, Ford would be the first to reject a warranty claim if there was any trouble with the engine, claiming the cause to be due to the old filter.

Years ago, I had my first service of my new diesel 4.2 Maverick, and I was charged for one oil filter - strange I thought, as it was fitted with two filters! A check of the Nissan part number showed it was for a Navara, not a Maverick. A check under the bonnet showed the filters still with the factory-check paint marks on them. A please-explain to the Ford dealer got the response "oh, yeh, we were supplied the wrong part, and we knew you wanted to get the vehicle back that night, so it was not changed and we forgot to pull it from the invoice". Yeh, right! My response was to ask why they didn't even stock basic filters in their supposedly well-equipped service centre. "It's a problem we're rectifying" I was told. I queried whether they'd even bothered to change the oil, but they were adamant that that had been done. But they weren't even concerned that they were putting back onto the road a vehicle with improper servicing. After all, I took it there to be actually serviced, not to keep their service dept financial.

Gerry
AnswerID: 373534

Sponsored Links