Colorado update

Submitted: Tuesday, Jul 07, 2009 at 21:41
ThreadID: 70478 Views:2498 Replies:3 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
hi all,

an update from today with the dealers... all they did was adjust the hight of the clutch...thats it they wouldent/didnt pull anything out to look to see if the crap made clutch had damage or the gearbox nothin how tipical...

they have said that becouse of my beudesert exhust and bigger wheels "what bigger wheels they are R16's duh..... no wider and i have alloys "after market much much lighter rated for LT use". it doesnt shutter anymore...as much but crunches 2nd and 3rd gear went to RACQ and showed them what holden gave me about the rims and the exhust and they loughed saying both of those items are wrong either have any affect on the clutch... like lets face it they "claim" that the car can tow 3,000kg braked so if it cant handle taller tires than how can it handle 3 tons....

was told that the gm of service was goin to call me never did and....holden customer assistance neither did... with anyone that is having these troubles like mine they found water is getting in thru the bell houseing into the slave cylinder.. and found where im parking the car at nights oil spots after it rains are visable oil level is fine so will be looking for oil leaks in clutch area...

also if anyone that is having these problems call customer assistance Customer Assistance Centre 1800 033 349 and talk to the queensland rep like it known about this problem. when it fails next its goin to racq to get a full written report
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Ingo57 (NSW) - Wednesday, Jul 08, 2009 at 10:11

Wednesday, Jul 08, 2009 at 10:11
Gday Shane,

Having completed my apprenticeship with holden and I can understand what your going through...seen it to many times but keep at it mate.

From what I remember, the customer going off his brain in a service dept full of other customers at 8AM always seemed to get more attention than the gentleman politely asking....go figure!!!!

Keep the pressure on them!

AnswerID: 373575

Follow Up By: shaneo86 - Wednesday, Jul 08, 2009 at 17:35

Wednesday, Jul 08, 2009 at 17:35
rang the holden assist people they have said oh just wait for it to get worse and then see what happens ....pfff rather fix the problem now just wait for it to cost more than what it should
FollowupID: 640752

Reply By: Member -Dodger - Wednesday, Jul 08, 2009 at 13:58

Wednesday, Jul 08, 2009 at 13:58
Keep at them Shane, remember it is the squeaky wheel that gets oiled.
I suggest that you document all records and add pic's as well so that if things come to a head you will have records to prove that you have been contacting the dealer but getting no joy.

Oh and please use the spell checker.

Hope all ends well.

Regards,
I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.

Cheers Dodg.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 373598

Follow Up By: shaneo86 - Wednesday, Jul 08, 2009 at 17:38

Wednesday, Jul 08, 2009 at 17:38
the fact that they just want it to get worse has me stumped aye rang the state manager and shes like look the dealer wants it to get worse before they pull things out you would think they would like to fix the problem rather just put it off till im out west like dubbo again and no one to help
FollowupID: 640753

Follow Up By: tim_c - Thursday, Jul 09, 2009 at 12:35

Thursday, Jul 09, 2009 at 12:35
Yeah, it's an increasingly common maintenance/repair approach: If you can't find the problem easily, just wait until something breaks and then it will be more obvious and you can confidently say "Ah, that's what the problem was!" :)
FollowupID: 640884

Reply By: Member - Cozzie Toodyay (WA) - Monday, Jul 13, 2009 at 15:48

Monday, Jul 13, 2009 at 15:48
Hey shane any luck with Holden and repairs on your Colorado?
AnswerID: 374345

Follow Up By: shaneo86 - Monday, Jul 13, 2009 at 17:57

Monday, Jul 13, 2009 at 17:57
g'day,

nope from the looks of it...it could be the clutch and gearbox now goes in next week for both just from wat the service guru guy said
FollowupID: 641587

Follow Up By: Member - Cozzie Toodyay (WA) - Saturday, Jul 18, 2009 at 15:17

Saturday, Jul 18, 2009 at 15:17
Just got my Colorado back from Holden new friction plate and new gearbox all seems to be ok at the moment. Hope they sort yours out real soon
FollowupID: 642341

Sponsored Links