Electric Fuel Pump to suit FJ60 Landcruiser

Submitted: Friday, Sep 05, 2003 at 16:18
ThreadID: 7052 Views:3572 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Can anyone recommend a particular model of electric fuel pump to suit my FJ60? I'm tossing out the mechanical one and want an external mount type to fit under the body. I've spoken to places like Repco but they're basically useless as no-one can apparently tell me specifications for the ones they sell. It's not so much the flow rate I'm worried about but whether the pump will be able to overcome the head when the truck is pointing upwards when climbing steep tracks.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: diamond (bendigo) - Friday, Sep 05, 2003 at 19:38

Friday, Sep 05, 2003 at 19:38
gday p[lexus.
i have a fuel pump from repco. they used to have there own brand but use something else now i can find out the specs for you if you like.mine is in a gq and dont have any problems with it no matter what angle im on.about $80 i think—~‘¬‘¥•s’B
AnswerID: 30220

Reply By: Willie - Friday, Sep 05, 2003 at 19:39

Friday, Sep 05, 2003 at 19:39
plexus,
I have had a Repco electric fuel pump on my Nissan G60 for the past 4 years and it has worked faultlessly through all types of road and offroad situations. I also have another brand which I keep as a spare as, when I went to buy another Repco pump ,my mate(Repco Franchisee) reckoned that they were troublesome units
and I got a good deal).

Whichever pump you buy remember to fit it as close to the fuel tank as possible to prevent vapourisation of fuel.

Cheers,
Willie
Never a dull moment
AnswerID: 30221

Reply By: Member - Eric- Sunday, Sep 07, 2003 at 08:05

Sunday, Sep 07, 2003 at 08:05
I used the Repco brand for many years. I would say that I replaced around 50% within 2 years . For people that ussed there vehicles evey day and did hi Kms , I started using holly Blue fuel pumps with a regulator , a much better set up , once set we never touched them . Personaly I would replace the mechanical pump . At least you know that for 200.000 kms you wont have to touch it
AnswerID: 30303

Sponsored Links