Sahara Bar with winch or Full Bull Bar with hand winch????

Submitted: Friday, Sep 05, 2003 at 20:19
ThreadID: 7055 Views:4022 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
hey everyone. just a quick question. i was thinking of getting some better protection on the front of my 4WD, as I only have a nudge bar at present. Whta would you recomend, as i am starting to venture further off road. Full Bull Bar, for full frontal protection and a hand winch, or a Sahara Bar with electric winch. What id the better option, what would everybody recomend from there experiences...which either or both, and what are the sahara bars like, any good.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Outnabout David (SA) - Friday, Sep 05, 2003 at 21:56

Friday, Sep 05, 2003 at 21:56
I am a bit confused if you have the money for a Sahara bar and winch then why would you opt for a full bar and hand winch. Like most things you need to think about application. You may find a standard bar, air locker and handwinch may be better or you might need to go the hole hog. Before you make up your mind then do your homework unless of course money is no object then get all the goodies. Also you don't say what sort of vehicle you have. If its a Haflinger then get the hand winch, Hummer the winch.We have so little time to enjoy our land
AnswerID: 30232

Reply By: Voxson (Adelaide) - Saturday, Sep 06, 2003 at 00:52

Saturday, Sep 06, 2003 at 00:52
3 times i have used my electric winch...... once to recover a friend and twice to recover myself.... i have had the elect winch 12 months and at the same time i was carrying my hand winch on each of the recovery occasions and i must say if i had only had the hand winch i would have struggled to do those 3 recoveries... 2 times was winching from creeks and speed was neccessary there and the other time was getting my mate up a sand dune 60metres which would have been a long winded affair with a hand winch,,,....................
but my hand winch is perfect for making those small adjustments where you have to pull your self out backwards or pull yourself sideways a tad.........
i wouldnt go on a 4x4 trip without both........._____________________________________________

Follow Up By: Member - Bonz (Vic) - Saturday, Sep 06, 2003 at 11:21

Saturday, Sep 06, 2003 at 11:21
Yes definitely, a hand winch is a must, an electric winch is a bit of insurance and your answer really depends on what you do with the vehicle, if its only to push aside a few Hyundai's in the car park go for the full bar, if you want to get yourself out of the poo all alone then sahara and winch.So many places to go!
So much work to do :0(
FollowupID: 21305

Reply By: Simon - Sunday, Sep 07, 2003 at 17:23

Sunday, Sep 07, 2003 at 17:23
Id go full bull bar WITH electric winch and with the money saved from not buying the sahara you could afford a hand winch as well.
AnswerID: 30343

Sponsored Links