4 inch lift

Submitted: Sunday, Sep 07, 2003 at 08:13
ThreadID: 7075 Views:2324 Replies:1 FollowUps:6
This Thread has been Archived
Just finished fitting a 4 inch lift to the 80 series . I took some measurements , before and after . When i bought it , it supposibly fad a 3 inch lift . On the rear i had 810 mm fromthe bottom of the rim , and ended up with 845 mm after the new springs went in .

the front sat at 770 mm and ended up at 840 mm ,
I used the SP4 from kings springs ,

I am assuming the engine weight will sag the front around 20 mm

Does anyone else played around with the 4 inch lift ,
I was also going to wit around 2 months to alow sag ,, before I cut and re weld the diff angles , does anyone ave another opinion on that ???

By the way , it drove alot better than i expected
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Kev - (Cairns,QLD) - Sunday, Sep 07, 2003 at 16:28

Sunday, Sep 07, 2003 at 16:28
Whats with cutting & welding the diff ???

As long as you have the aftermarket caster bushes you shouldn't have any problems with the drive line. (Only lifted Patrols)

I fitted 6" springs in my 80 and find it very smooth to drive, beter than i expected also.
AnswerID: 30337

Follow Up By: Member - Eric- Sunday, Sep 07, 2003 at 17:12

Sunday, Sep 07, 2003 at 17:12
I had fitted the caster kit with the previous springs that were in the car , it already had offset bushes ,but some bannana had fitted then the wrong way round .
When i did the ring around for the 4 inch kit , I was told from the Big Balls boys , that I could get the top arms cut off and re welded in the correct alighment position .

I actually got under the car today and had a look at the diff angle , I was very suprized to see that it was at a very nice angle , the uni is straight , I did notice that both front and rear axles have been pulled to the right of the body , I will order some adjustible pan ard rods as soon as I can, to fix that.

Eveyone I spoke to , told me that the car would be pronned to rolling with the 4 inch lift , and that it would be all over the road . I must admit I prepered myself for the worst yesterday , but came back suprized and very very pleased . Just with the camber kit bushes in the bottom arms , it seames to steer very well , body roll is the same as before , I didnt use any special shocks , just some foam cell shocks with extention rods .

FollowupID: 21369

Follow Up By: Kev - (Cairns,QLD) - Sunday, Sep 07, 2003 at 17:44

Sunday, Sep 07, 2003 at 17:44
I wonder if the guy who told you about it "being all over the road" has actualy driven a 4" lifted vehical ?
Sounds jelouse to me ! lol

Still, on fast windy roads (onroad) i adjust my shocks to max and have little body roll.

Don't bother with the welding, just fit the panard rods & you'll be ok.
FollowupID: 21371

Follow Up By: Member - Eric- Sunday, Sep 07, 2003 at 18:08

Sunday, Sep 07, 2003 at 18:08
there asking $245 each trade for the panard rods , seamed a little steap , what do you think??
FollowupID: 21375

Follow Up By: Kev - (Cairns,QLD) - Sunday, Sep 07, 2003 at 18:20

Sunday, Sep 07, 2003 at 18:20
I was lucky to get my lift kit (new) near trade price from a mate's mate so i payed $185 for the front one & $165 for the rear.
Near $2000 for complete kit.

Retail they were $265 front & $255 for the rear, this was 9 months ago.

You will pay more if you want the stronger chrome moly version instead of mild steel.

I don't know where you live but you could try Wizard Performance in Brisbane.
FollowupID: 21377

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Sunday, Sep 07, 2003 at 21:13

Sunday, Sep 07, 2003 at 21:13
If they are chargin you trade of $245, they dont like you.

I was paid $245 for my Whiteline Panhards for my lift kit.
FollowupID: 21407

Follow Up By: Member - Eric- Sunday, Sep 07, 2003 at 22:21

Sunday, Sep 07, 2003 at 22:21
I know something is going on Truckster , I got the rancos from the boys in Epping , brakelines ect , but I am sure he quoted me $170 the first time each , I will bring it up when I pick up the shocks and stuff for the 100 series .

He seams like a nice enough bloke , he may have made a mistake . Everything else was cheap . Thanks for recomending me there .

I finaly get the car back tomorrow , forensics had the car for a week , then Toyota has had it since then getting the new key & control module. Ther quote came to $1500 , finally got some mates rates happening in there and got it down to $645.
FollowupID: 21421

Sponsored Links