Rear wheel carriers

Submitted: Sunday, Sep 07, 2003 at 10:34
ThreadID: 7078 Views:1590 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Mornin' folks,
I've been looking at getting a dual rear wheel carrier for my troopy...brand names are too expensive so I'm thinking of getting one made locally by a welding shop. I've got one quote for $1000 for the job..dual swing aways on axle stubs with gas opening struts, provision for lights on the new bar, powder coated.
Does anyone know of anyone who does this type of work in Adelaide (preferably southern area) as I'd like to get at least a couple of quotes before deciding.
Thanks and cheers
Buff
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Macco - Sunday, Sep 07, 2003 at 11:03

Sunday, Sep 07, 2003 at 11:03
Hi Buff,
You may wish to give Smart Fabrication a call. I use them for work purposes(Earthmoving) however I know they have done some work on four wheel drive stuff. (Trailers etc). Simon may be the man to speak to. Worth a try.They are on Francis rd Wingfield. Not on the southern side but it may help you.

Chris Palmer
AnswerID: 30313

Reply By: Michael- Sunday, Sep 07, 2003 at 20:01

Sunday, Sep 07, 2003 at 20:01
If you don't mind changing your own tyres ie carrying one spare wheel and two spare tyres, I would suggest doing what we did on the Canning recently. Two of the Landcruiser 80 series each with a Kaymar rear wheel carrier with an additional tyre strapped to it. Worked very well and the rear carrier stood up to the task. Not sure if Kaymar would advocate it but for occassional use I reckon it should be fine. You can get a single carrier for about $700, I think
Good Luck
AnswerID: 30361

Reply By: Member - Eric- Sunday, Sep 07, 2003 at 20:41

Sunday, Sep 07, 2003 at 20:41
i would hate to buy a product from some one who hasnt tried and tested. You may think you are saving now , but if it dosn't work , will cost you double .
My opinion is buy the real deal from ARB , it's only my opinion!

Little tip , ask for ex floor stock , might find one with a scrach cheap

good luck
AnswerID: 30371

Sponsored Links