Jackaroo 3l turbo diesel

Submitted: Monday, Sep 08, 2003 at 18:36
ThreadID: 7109 Views:1986 Replies:1 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
just a follow up to my previous post 5220 about this vehicle.(46000km 2000 model)
I noticed a bit of oil on the bottom of the turbo the other day. you could see where it had started to drip onto the diff. I took it to the local Holden dealer (Rockingham Holden) to see what they thought.
They replaced the turbo with a new one and also put in new sleeves and seals on the injectors. All done under warrenty with no quibbles. The smoke blowing has stopped and I'm feeling a lot happier.
Anyone else had turbo problems at such low kms?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: shane - Wednesday, Oct 01, 2003 at 12:42

Wednesday, Oct 01, 2003 at 12:42
Trevor,

I also have a 2000 with 46000 on the clock. I have not had any failures, but mine does have turbo lag which when changing up a gear, lags for about 1 second then turns on like a switch. I also have a TD prado and this has no obvious lag. I have never driven another Jack, so I don't know if this is normal.

I'm glad you trust your Holden dealer. I wouldn't trust my pushbike at the Kalgoorlie one
AnswerID: 32479

Follow Up By: Trevor - Wednesday, Oct 01, 2003 at 23:06

Wednesday, Oct 01, 2003 at 23:06
Thanks Shane,
I don't actually trust my Holden dealer, but am happy about the service on this occasion - except I am still asking for the paperwork.
As for the turbo lag this vehicle is an auto so apart from a tiny bit when you first sink the boot there is none.
how do you rate the prado vs the jack? are they worth the extra 10 grand? I looked hard at them when I was buying but decided the vehicle felt skinny in the cab and the dash was uninspiring (not that the jack is much better) have you had any dramas with the prado?
Regards Trevor (WA)
FollowupID: 23263

Follow Up By: shane - Thursday, Oct 02, 2003 at 10:41

Thursday, Oct 02, 2003 at 10:41
I have an SE Jack Vs a RV Prado. The jackaroo is a lot more comfortable and refined, but I do like the 1300km I can get out of the Prado. They are both good cars. I think the Prado would be better off road and on gravel roads due to the all wheel drive. The jackaroo tends to loose the back end.
I have had no problems with any of the cars.
I sevice the Jack myself these days. I use Castrol products and Tyco filters. I try to do it every 5k. I plan to keep this car until it is about 10 yrs old.
I have just fitted some new tyres. Copper HT 265/70/16. The 265 fills the gaurds very nicely. They are quiet and should be the last tyres I buy.
The jackaroo is going in to have the Turbo looked at today. A local diesel Turbo place will be putting gauges and sensors on it to see if it is OK. I will post the results.
FollowupID: 23284

Sponsored Links