Cooper AT for Andrew(WA)

Submitted: Monday, Sep 08, 2003 at 23:16
ThreadID: 7123 Views:1727 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi Andrew,

I got your message but unfortunately no way to reply to a follow-up:

Your Q:

Hugh

I am getting a set of COOPER A/T's 265/75/16's on the GU next week to replace the 265/70 Bridgestones.

I tossed up over the S/T's but most of my driving will be harder surfaces.

How are your A/T's holding up for milage??

cheers

A:

I now have 10,000 km on my 265/75/16 Cooper ATs. They still look like new with mostly bitumen use but also some gravel, sand and firetrail work. I had a set on a Pajero prior to this vehicle and was very happy with them.

I had some balance issues after fitting these tyres to my GU. Eventually solved via a good wheel balance from Richard's Tyrepower in Osb Pk. He has a road force balancer which applies a load via rollerto the tyre to simulate tyre deflection during balance. Only machine of its type in WA. Cost was $25 per wheel but is free if you buy your tyres through him (which I didn't). I was extremely impressed with his service and advice, so would recommend you get your tyres from Richard if you have not already committed elsewhere.

Regards,
Hugh
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Andrew(WA) - Tuesday, Sep 09, 2003 at 19:22

Tuesday, Sep 09, 2003 at 19:22
Thanks HUGH

I will be getting my tyres from Albany. Have heard from others about Richards tyres, as you mentioned.

Feed back sounds good. I'll have to hope for the best re the balancing issue as I won't be in Perth again before the big trip.

Thanks for the reply.
AnswerID: 30605

Sponsored Links