what the hell is it?

Submitted: Friday, Sep 12, 2003 at 08:28
ThreadID: 7182 Views:1448 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I'm hoping someone can tell me what the small canister that is located half way down the chasis on my 60 series cruiser is for. The fuel lines run into it and there are also some electrical wires that run into the top of it. It has a little drain plug on the bottom. I thought it may just be an extra filter but I can't work out what the wires are for. I had a look through the haynes workshop manual and can't find any reference to it. Any haelp would be much appreiciated
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Tony - Friday, Sep 12, 2003 at 08:37

Friday, Sep 12, 2003 at 08:37
If it's a Deisel you are talking about, it's a water trap and should bleed off most of the water befoer it gets to the main filter. if the filter light stays on after the engine is running, undo the bleed screw allow fuel and what ever else to run out. When fuel looks clean do up bolt and light should go out.

It's also usefull to get a bit fo fuel to start a camp fire in wet conditions.
AnswerID: 30851

Reply By: ptcrowe - Friday, Sep 12, 2003 at 09:56

Friday, Sep 12, 2003 at 09:56
Thanks Tony.
AnswerID: 30857

Reply By: Member - DOZER- Friday, Sep 12, 2003 at 17:28

Friday, Sep 12, 2003 at 17:28
Gday
Yes it is the water trap, and you need to empty it every month or so.
Best way is to undo tank cap, then remove bottom screw, water and fuel should come out if nothing, poke inside the thread with a piece of wire as crud sometimes builds up.
Collect what comes out in a container and have a look later for signs of water. When it all looks clear retighten screw and filler cap and trhere should be no air in the system to bleed.
Andrewwheredayathinkwer mike?
AnswerID: 30887

Sponsored Links