Safety First, "I think so".

Submitted: Monday, Sep 15, 2003 at 13:56
ThreadID: 7236 Views:1624 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
G,Day all,
I just picked up the new ( Nov.03 ) issue of 4WD Monthly at the 4WD/Camping Show at Penrith NSW. In the reader section I was interested to read a comment from a reader/advertiser regarding safety issues and the way they are portrayed in recent issue story by John Rooth. Have a look yourselves, see what you think? I tend to agree with the reader's comments, safety should always come first, regardless that it is contained in an "attempted" humorous way. I love a good giggle, like the rest of us, but not at the risk of putting someone in danger.Sure, 4WDing, camping, and everything else associated with it, is fun and very enjoyable, and that's why we all do it, but 4WD mags and other associated mediums should alway promote safety first because it can be a dangerous activity, if not approached correctly.
Am I being too harsh on them? What do you think, or have I got it wrong?

Regards,
Bazza.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Eric from Cape York Connections - Monday, Sep 15, 2003 at 17:44

Monday, Sep 15, 2003 at 17:44
Funny old mag that 4x4 monthly soon they will be selling the mag a year in advance. You did say you just bought the november issue.
All the best
Eric
4wd Tag Along AdventuresCape York Connections
AnswerID: 31115

Follow Up By: Bazza - Tuesday, Sep 16, 2003 at 08:31

Tuesday, Sep 16, 2003 at 08:31
G,Day Eric,
Now you bring it up, I went and checked and Yep, it's got publication No. 59, Nov.2003 on the cover with a shot of a green landy. Go figure?
Regards,
Bazza.
FollowupID: 22152

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Monday, Sep 15, 2003 at 18:15

Monday, Sep 15, 2003 at 18:15
Why not ask on the Toyota Monthly forum. www.4wdmonthly.com.au i think it is.

I see Roothy as a tosser, wouldnt personally go for much he says. Trying to be Mr. Cool Oka Blokey buddy Aussie dude, with the carton of pi$$ everytime he opens the garage door.
AnswerID: 31126

Reply By: Mark from Getaway Portable Refrigerator Hire - Monday, Sep 15, 2003 at 19:07

Monday, Sep 15, 2003 at 19:07
Bazza, Not sure on the article that you mention, but there is an ad on TV. (GIO I think) and it shows a couple swerving (spelling) to miss a dog on the road and as a result they plough into a house where the couple and their child are having breakfast. They just take little notice and keep eating, the ad then says that nothing is a drama or something to that effect. They seem to miss the point that the ironing board gets taken out (assuming that the woman was ironing at some point) and the fact that you don't swerve to miss animals. How do they make an ad so irresponsible!!

Regards

Mark
AnswerID: 31134

Reply By: Bonz (Vic) - Monday, Sep 15, 2003 at 19:21

Monday, Sep 15, 2003 at 19:21
Yer Roothy is all about having a fun time but i reckon he knows a thing or two and his bits are fun to read, sometimes safety is a bit of a problem, I personally wouldnt want to be using any power tools half pi$$ed, so safety may be a loose term to use there, but the mags do have a responsibility, at least you see him using goggles and the like.Laterally Literal
Seriously Serial
AnswerID: 31138

Sponsored Links