Lake Moore - West Aust.

Submitted: Monday, Sep 15, 2003 at 15:28
ThreadID: 7242 Views:2672 Replies:4 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
A group of us is considering going camping out in the Lake Moore (Out from Paynes Find) area over the next long weekend, other than locating it on the map I know very little about the place and what is there.
Has anyone been camping out there recently ? - I imagine the wildflowers would be out now ??

Any info would be appreciated

Regards

Alan
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Scooby (WA) - Monday, Sep 15, 2003 at 17:23

Monday, Sep 15, 2003 at 17:23
Alan,
I was at Ninghan station a couple of weeks ago and there were carpets of ever lastings, the best year for a long time according to the station owner. Ninghan is on the north end of Lake Moore about 50klms west of Paynes Find. The owner welcomes campers, $5 / person / night.
ScoobyHilux Dualcab, 3 litre diesel
AnswerID: 31113

Follow Up By: Wayne - Monday, Sep 15, 2003 at 20:48

Monday, Sep 15, 2003 at 20:48
Hi Scooby, we're heading up that way in a couple of weeks. Reckon the wildflowers will still be going? Also any chance of some info on your Canopy? I have 99 hilux single cab and am thinking of something to go on the back.
Thanks, Wayne.
"delphisii@yahoo.com.au"
FollowupID: 22102

Follow Up By: Member - Alan - Tuesday, Sep 16, 2003 at 16:17

Tuesday, Sep 16, 2003 at 16:17
Scooby-
Thanks for the info, looks as if Ninghan will fit into our schedule
Regards
Alan
FollowupID: 22182

Reply By: maverick - Monday, Sep 15, 2003 at 19:30

Monday, Sep 15, 2003 at 19:30
same as scooby - go to ninghan station. lots of places to look at and explore. turn south from paynes find and go along the eastern side of the lake and into koorda - good easy run. western 4wd mag had a bit on this end of the world a couple of issues ago. just don't tell too many people how nice it is.

rgds, mark
AnswerID: 31142

Follow Up By: Member - Alan - Tuesday, Sep 16, 2003 at 16:21

Tuesday, Sep 16, 2003 at 16:21
mark- Thanks for the info, I subscribe to the Western 4WD mag , so i will see if i can locate the article in question- I don't remember seeing it but then again the old memory is not what it used to be.
Regards Alan
FollowupID: 22183

Reply By: Matt (W.A.) - Tuesday, Sep 16, 2003 at 09:25

Tuesday, Sep 16, 2003 at 09:25
Hi Alan,
We were at Ninghan station about 6 weeks ago and the Wildflowers were there then. There are a few places to go “exploring” like Mt Gibson there are great views from the top of all the hills there. The Kids were just left to their own devices they just explored the station built cubby houses that sort of thing. One thing to note we were there for Saturday, Sunday & Monday and on the Saturday Afternoon it got Hellishly windy! So much so that 2 of the 3 tents that we were with (mine was one of them) were damaged beyond repair! I don’t think it was “Normal” Weather for the area though, we had to break camp and move into one of the demountable cabins they have there just as well because it absolutely Heaved it down that night. Don’t let me put you off the place it was great, there is power there but if you intend on camping take extension leads with you, the power is only on from 5:30pm till 9:30pm. Also be first in the shower if you get my drift!

HTH
Keep It On The Rough Stuff

Matt (W.A.)
AnswerID: 31208

Follow Up By: Member - Alan - Tuesday, Sep 16, 2003 at 16:43

Tuesday, Sep 16, 2003 at 16:43
Matt - thanks for the reply. Hopefully the weather you encountered was not a common occurence - we will be in tents (2) and one o/road camper and will take it as it comes. We were in Karratha a few months ago , on our way up to the Kimberlys and experienced some very strong winds - no rain though. We went shopping in the morning and came back to the caravan park to find our awning off the front of our camper, the wind was so strong it forced a zip apart and the awning collapsed. - we were not the only ones in the park that day to suffer wind damage. Thanks again , Regards Alan
FollowupID: 22184

Reply By: maverick - Friday, Sep 19, 2003 at 11:15

Friday, Sep 19, 2003 at 11:15
the info is in the weekends out of perth book. just remember to keep it quiet. we don't too many peole out there. bye
AnswerID: 31501

Follow Up By: Member - Alan - Monday, Sep 22, 2003 at 15:31

Monday, Sep 22, 2003 at 15:31
Thats why I could not find the article in back issues.......Thanks for the followup.
FollowupID: 22601

Sponsored Links