Rodeo 2.6 power

Submitted: Monday, Sep 15, 2003 at 19:29
ThreadID: 7247 Views:2541 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Trolling around for ideas to give my 2.6 litre petrol Rodeo a lift in the power stakes and this is what I found.........

Response is from Castlemaine Rod Shop

Anyone else interested??? (please have a read of the web site at what they offer, these are not brand new blowers, I believe they are taken off jap cars that are over their km limit)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dennis,
Fur us to put a Rodeo blower kit together we would need a complete running
motor in a vehicle to work from and know that you could sell 10 kits. I
can't quote on the job of course but work on the price of our present V6
Holden kit, which is $1800.00 plus freight.
Regards
Rod

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, September 11, 2003 9:57 PM
To: rod@rodshop.com.au
Subject: Query from Web Site

name=Dennis
city=Brisbane
state=Qld
country=Australia
make=Holden
model=Dual cab Rodeo 4WD 2.6 litre petrol
year=10/95
query=I am wondering if you (can) manufacture a blower kit to fit this type
of vehicle and how much it would cost.

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Monday, Sep 15, 2003 at 23:22

Monday, Sep 15, 2003 at 23:22
Was it you that wanted to put that $4000 lift kit in it, and now lookin for more power, do you think you have the right car?

Im thinking there would be better cars out there for what you want... Hilux, GU Ute, etc.

YMMV
AnswerID: 31187

Follow Up By: Dennis (Brisbane) - Tuesday, Sep 16, 2003 at 00:07

Tuesday, Sep 16, 2003 at 00:07
Well $2000 anyway (if I don't import it myself), but with all new suspension components, and since the suspension isn't too far off needing to be done anyway, seems to be the right time to look into such things, after all it is going to be $1200 - $1500 for a complete suspension package from most of the 4WD suppliers regardless.

And no, you are dead right, I wanted a Hilux, but the Rodeo came along at the right price with too many extras to knock back, the head ruled over the heart for a change and saved me $4000 - $5000 on the price of the vehicle and another $4500 in fitted extras (Warn winch/ARB bar/LR tank/hayman reese tow bar).

The 2.6 is a willing revver with enough power, but I wouldn't mind some more touque at low revs, hence a small (low boost) blower is an ideal option, and if these units are suitable then they are again at the right price.

The money I saved on not buying a Hilux gives me a lot of leeway.....
FollowupID: 22136

Sponsored Links