Camper trailer insurance

Submitted: Wednesday, Feb 06, 2002 at 01:00
ThreadID: 725 Views:9460 Replies:5 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Would anyone recommend insurance company to insure a Jayco camper trailer.Your experience dealing with them good or bad. Some people recommend CIL
but I have problems to even get in contact with them. Their HOTLINE is either busy or no answer (just to get a quote).
Who are you insured with?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Andrew - Wednesday, Feb 06, 2002 at 01:00

Wednesday, Feb 06, 2002 at 01:00
I was able to get in contact with CIL ( my lucky day ) and they about $70 dollars cheaper then RACV.
(need to read that small print yet)
AnswerID: 1994

Reply By: Mal Try - Wednesday, Feb 06, 2002 at 01:00

Wednesday, Feb 06, 2002 at 01:00
TCIS Insurance Brokers Pty Ltd of Blackwood S.A. (Telephone 08 8278 7000) offer CGU insurance policies specifically for 4WD's, Camper Trailers and Caravans,and camping equiptment.The cover is for ANYWHERE in Australia not only on gazetted roads etc. If your camping equiptment gets pinched from your campsite while tou are away from it you are still covered.
The policies were apparently designed by the ANFWDC to suit the situations ExplorOz members might find themselves in.
I didn't consider price, I just like the product. It is also agreed value on everything which I also liked. Their FAX 08 8278 8555 if you cant get them on the phone and their web site

It could be a product sold by ExplorOz!!!

AnswerID: 1998

Follow Up By: Andrew - Tuesday, Feb 12, 2002 at 01:00

Tuesday, Feb 12, 2002 at 01:00
Mal I took your advice and I got quote from TCIS. Product is very good and i will get not only my camper trailer but also 4WD insured with them.
Quote for camper trailer was actually less then others which was a real suprise.
FollowupID: 720

Reply By: Gary W - Wednesday, Feb 06, 2002 at 01:00

Wednesday, Feb 06, 2002 at 01:00
Andrew, My vehicle and trailer are insured with QBE. Whilst I have not had a claim on the trailer I did have a
large claim on my vehicle that caught fire in the Gibson Desert last August. The company was magnificent. They paid for the vehicle recovery from Windy Corner to Capricorn,
Then cost of transporting vehicle on road train to Perth and then all the repairs. The service was excellent.
Whatever you do make sure that you are covered for costs such as recovery from isolated spots.
Good luck Gary W
AnswerID: 2000

Reply By: Malcolm - Thursday, Feb 07, 2002 at 01:00

Thursday, Feb 07, 2002 at 01:00
I have insurance through CIL. We had our camper trailer stolen from our drive way within 5 months of purchase (from new). CIL paid up the replacement value plus an agreed value on contents as a lot of our camping gear was less than new.
In all (including $400 excess) I was out of pocket about $600 - $700. I think this is about average.
AnswerID: 2002

Reply By: Bob - Friday, Feb 08, 2002 at 01:00

Friday, Feb 08, 2002 at 01:00
Hi Andrew.
We have just purchased a new Jayco Hawk campervan with all accesories, or I should say waiting for it to be built, should be around mid April!!!, and have been looking at our options for insurance. Have always been insured with RACV, but they quoted $330.00. CIL quoted $265.64 and we have found a company MHIA (Manufactured Homes insurance Agengcy)that have the same or very similar benifits as the others. Their quote was $194.48. Their speciality is insuring Motorhomes, Park homes, Mobile homes and touring caravans. We are still weighing up the options. They don't appear to have a web site but can be contacted by email.
Hope this is of some help.
Regards Bob
AnswerID: 2018

Sponsored Links

Popular Products (9)