Dogs in WA

Submitted: Wednesday, Feb 06, 2002 at 01:00
ThreadID: 726 Views:1572 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi, I've spent much time in W QLD and NSW with little problem for me and my small black master. (I've often been allowed to PASS THROUGH NP's, after asking the ranger, very handy.)
Can anyone give some real-world advice on the ability to travel with K9 in WA? With particular interest in camping on private Stations, as NP's are obviously out-of-bounds. Caravan Pks aren't of great interest either, unless somebody knows of a dog-friendly ripper!
Thanks again.
Rich
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Rod - Wednesday, Feb 06, 2002 at 01:00

Wednesday, Feb 06, 2002 at 01:00
Rich, Your need to be aware that 1080 baiting happens throughout WA (probably happens elsewhere too). I've seen a dog pick one up out in the middle of no were, NOT a pleasant sight. The Dog had to be put down
AnswerID: 1997

Reply By: jono - Thursday, Feb 07, 2002 at 01:00

Thursday, Feb 07, 2002 at 01:00
firstly, good call Rod, 1080 is everywhere in WA. nasty stuff but very effective and nescessary. taking dogs onto private stations is often not a problem, lets face it all farms have dogs, so long as you respect the place and dont make a mess. lets all try to keep outback stations open to us 4WD'ers by being respectful of the wishes of station owners, and always ask for permission before setting up camp, not just for the owners benefit, but as a safty issue as well.
AnswerID: 2006

Sponsored Links