HF Radio Programming

Submitted: Friday, Sep 19, 2003 at 15:24
ThreadID: 7311 Views:2635 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi Everyone!

I am trying to re-program a "Comms HF106" remote head HF radio. It was manufacured by Indo-Pacific Communications (which later became Perth Communications) some years ago. The main part of the radio is a blue hammer-finish box.

Receive only channels can be user programmed, but I understand the only way to reprogram the transmit channels is by replacing the main ROM with a "program ROM" and then swapping back once the programming is done.

Does anyone know if there are any "programming ROM"s left in existance? Does anyone know more about the programming? Does anyone have a ROM image that we could use to make a new programming ROM from?

I'd really love some help!

Cheers
Stealth
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: joc45 - Friday, Sep 19, 2003 at 20:12

Friday, Sep 19, 2003 at 20:12
Stealth,
Yes, you're right - the HF106 needs a programming ?-processor to do the job. Another issue is whether it's got the Perth Comms selcall software or the Codan selcall software. If it has Perth Comms selcall, the ?-processor (a 40-pin chip) in the unit will have 'WA2' sticker on it. If it is this one, the selcall is not compatible with the general selcall used today. But if you don't need selcall, this is not a problem.
Sadly, despite a lot of searching amongst the original designers, there appears to be no trace of the source software for the Codan selcall version, and it cannot be copied from the chip.
I know a guy who can program these radios (he was one of the designers and has the programming chip). I won't put his email address on this forum, but if you contact me on gerron@bigpond.net.au, I can give you his contact info.
rgds
Gerry
AnswerID: 31536

Sponsored Links