88 Triton

Submitted: Sunday, Sep 21, 2003 at 09:28
ThreadID: 7329 Views:1598 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Interested in a solution to replace the torsion bars on an 88 MF Triton. Believe Tough Dog and Rancho can provide parts. Can anyone confirm?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: GLAYVA MAN(bendigo) - Sunday, Sep 21, 2003 at 10:40

Sunday, Sep 21, 2003 at 10:40
gday richard.
most suspention places will sell torsion bars.i might be wrong but i believe pedders make most torsion bars then resell them.jamieson wild cat
AnswerID: 31607

Reply By: Simon - Sunday, Sep 21, 2003 at 12:45

Sunday, Sep 21, 2003 at 12:45
Best option would be to ask them Richard.
Most suspension places would be able to help you.
Im not sure if pedders make anything?? (just rebrand then resell?)

Do you realy need new torsion bars?
You can wind them up you know, much cheaper option.
AnswerID: 31610

Follow Up By: Member - Toonfish - Sunday, Sep 21, 2003 at 19:01

Sunday, Sep 21, 2003 at 19:01
Thats true that you can wind torsion bars up sometimes even 50mm but they can only take so much weight and were not designed for extras such as bull bar lights aeriels winc and any other such .
i have heard of overloaded torsion bars staying twisted.
.i am thinking of some oversize ones for my navara.
hope it helps 1999 NISSAN NAVARA DUALCAB
DIESEL 3.2 & SPRINGY CARLTON TOY
FollowupID: 22563

Reply By: Martyn (WA) - Sunday, Sep 21, 2003 at 21:52

Sunday, Sep 21, 2003 at 21:52
Richard,
For what t's worth I always had problems with the articulation on my Triton, I wound the torsion bar up so I got the extra 50 mm of lift but this compromised the articulation. If you get heavier torsion bars to compensate for lights, bullbar etc etc the suspension will be harder. LTR shocks helped a bit, the OEM shocks are a bit short on the travel stakes especially when you tighten the torsion bars up. On the bitumen towing, great, no problem at all, rock hopping and creek jumping different "kettle of fish". I don't know what sort of driving your going to be doing just something to bear in mind. Turning circle from hell, couldn't do much about that either, I got a bit more by ajusting the stops as far as it was safe to do so. My opinion as usual. Keep the shiny side up
AnswerID: 31634

Sponsored Links