NORTHERN SAFARI - Keith Adams

Submitted: Wednesday, Oct 28, 2009 at 19:59
ThreadID: 73373 Views:3410 Replies:4 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
If you are looking for a Xmas present either for yourself or for a friend you wont go far wrong with a DVD called " Northern Safari' by Keith Adams

I recently purchased a copy from Keith's website (I have since found out that the DVD, CD and a Combo Pack is available in the ExploreOz shop - sorry David and Michelle)

What an amazing trip Keith, his wife, sister and of course his Foxy "Tiger' did

No 4x4 with 6" lift, gps, and all the gizmos we now 'must have' before we do a similar trip - check out the Buik with a big diesel, fat tyres and bigger radiator

To see a lot of the places that I have travelled ove the last 10 years as they were back in the 1950's is great

Go to Keith's website Northern Safari and download the 2mgB 'teaser'

I really enjoyed watching the DVD and will be watching it again this weekend so that I can see the detail I missed the 1st time I viewed it

Tiger is my favourite :-)))

Hope you enjoy it as much as I did

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Wednesday, Oct 28, 2009 at 20:01

Wednesday, Oct 28, 2009 at 20:01
For those interested here is the link to the items in the shop - ExplorOz Shop - Keith Adams Products
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 389157

Follow Up By: KiwiAngler - Wednesday, Oct 28, 2009 at 20:04

Wednesday, Oct 28, 2009 at 20:04
David/Michelle

Sorry about not knowing it was in the shop :-(((

I just happened upon Keith website by chance and didnt think to check if you had it

I have just given myself an uppercut :-)))

FollowupID: 656852

Follow Up By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Wednesday, Oct 28, 2009 at 20:17

Wednesday, Oct 28, 2009 at 20:17
Ah that is no problems - Keith actually visits us every now and then to drop in stock, just thought I would post the link in the thread in case others are looking for it. Have a good one.
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 656856

Follow Up By: Members-Neil & Margie-Cairns - Wednesday, Oct 28, 2009 at 20:29

Wednesday, Oct 28, 2009 at 20:29
Gees David ,, is he still around , I remember seeing this in the old Plaza theatre in Cairns as a kid back in the late 60s ,, only saw it the once ,, never have forgotten it , great stuff ,, guess i'll just have to buy it now !!

All the best ,, Neil ..

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 656858

Follow Up By: Member - ross m (WA) - Wednesday, Oct 28, 2009 at 21:15

Wednesday, Oct 28, 2009 at 21:15
Keith Adams was recently in the news after being reunited with Nyarrapyi Giles,the women he saved from certain death on great central road.
Ms Giles is now a picture health and a celebrated atrist in her 70s.
FollowupID: 656865

Reply By: furph - Wednesday, Oct 28, 2009 at 20:48

Wednesday, Oct 28, 2009 at 20:48
I saw the original film on tv - was it an "the world around us" presentation?
And luckily recorded it at the same time, so it became one of my favorite playback cassettes. Particularly when I get peed off with the PC crowd.
No way could that be done these days!
A mate of mine bought Keith's book, and I recall a cylinder dropped in the Perkins on the way home.
Reminded me of a similar incedent coming back from a pig shooting trip to fNQ at around that time.
Mates petrol L/Cruiser, which were seemingly notorious for pulling tops off pistons (2f?).
Anyway, went onto 5, mate says "here we go", limped into the edge of town and pulling out a massive tool roll reckons "we have a little job to do"
His main concern was keeping the head gasket intact (no spare) but pulled the head, sump, pushed conrod/piston out the top (piston broken across oil ring land).
Wrapped something like canvas around the bigend bearing, tied on with wire. Took the 2 pushrods out to stop the valves opening, all back together and away we went.
Did he nurse it? Flogged the beegeezus out of it 2000km. back to NSW.
I reckon he and Mr. K Adams had a lot in common!
Thanks Kiwi for a great reminder.
furph
AnswerID: 389162

Reply By: Peter_n_Margaret - Wednesday, Oct 28, 2009 at 22:48

Wednesday, Oct 28, 2009 at 22:48
Of course we all know that Keith's Buick was fitted with a Perkins diesel, don't we?

Cheers,
Peter
PERKINS powered OKA196 Motorhome......
AnswerID: 389183

Follow Up By: Member - ross m (WA) - Thursday, Oct 29, 2009 at 09:00

Thursday, Oct 29, 2009 at 09:00
They were cutting edge technology ,then;)
FollowupID: 656914

Reply By: handy - Thursday, Oct 29, 2009 at 07:49

Thursday, Oct 29, 2009 at 07:49
i seen his show when i was a kid in the 70's at the parramatta town hall , it was a good inspiration.
After the show you could have a yarn and ask a few questions with him.
He had the skin of an 11ft python that he rolled out and a few other bits and peices.
AnswerID: 389198

Sponsored Links