Jackaroo alternator big enough?

Submitted: Wednesday, Sep 24, 2003 at 20:45
ThreadID: 7414 Views:2602 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
'96 petrol Jackaroo. Running 40 litre Engel fridge. Plan to plug the fridge into a 38 amp/hr battery pack and plug the battery pack into an "Engel" cigarette lighter socket so it's charging from the alternator as I drive. Then run the fridge from the battery pack when at campsite. Problem is a mate ses he heard the Jackaroo alternator won't be big enough to run the battery pack as well as the direct injection. Ses I need at least a 80 amp alternator. Poop!! We leave for the Flinders on Friday! Any ideas or advice out there? Cheers Jim
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Tim - Wednesday, Sep 24, 2003 at 21:50

Wednesday, Sep 24, 2003 at 21:50
Jimbo
I have a 99TD jack and while out working at night I will have the fridge, the spare battery pack, a dual battery and 5x100W spotlights plus my normal high beamers as well as a CB or 2 and the GPS.
I wouldn't be too concerned about the size of the alternator.
AnswerID: 31916

Reply By: Jimbo - Thursday, Sep 25, 2003 at 07:02

Thursday, Sep 25, 2003 at 07:02
Tim! Have children with me! What a relief. The other day my lady ses "Jim, I'm sure you don't have to be rich to do what we want to do." Well, the new Seally Postupedic for the camper may have been a tad much, but I don't want to be the fool who makes headlines because he went out into the wrong country without the proper planning. But it is an expensive business this setting up, isn't it. We've got an awful lot of stuff from e-bay cheaply. Got caught with a UHF. Very sad. Paid $200 for a GME 4000 which was about the right price for a second-hand unit but it's now away being repaired at something over $100. Well, cheats only have the power if you hand it to them. Don't let it matter and the sun continues to shine on your life ... look for us in the Flinders ... green Jack with dark grey camper. Thanks again, Jim.
AnswerID: 31943

Sponsored Links