It is a laugh
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Goona - Thursday, Sep 25, 2003 at 18:13

Thursday, Sep 25, 2003 at 18:13
Whats a laugh????????????
AnswerID: 32010

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - David - Thursday, Sep 25, 2003 at 18:36

Thursday, Sep 25, 2003 at 18:36
What is funny about this issue - We have already had legal treats against us for posts on this system. I do not think it is very funny it costs us money NOT YOU. Michelle and I are just two decent Aussie's trying to make a business out of this system and we certainly take it very personally. If you are commenting about the testing of the lanuage checker then get over it I do not have time to waste on word checking routines for the narrow minded minority - I have a delete button and I think I will go and adjust the thread to remove the childish posts that have been lodged againt this very serious issue.Regards
ExplorOz Team - David
--------------------------
Always working, not enough travelling ;-)
AnswerID: 32013

Follow Up By: GLAYVA MAN(bendigo) - Thursday, Sep 25, 2003 at 19:10

Thursday, Sep 25, 2003 at 19:10
gday david.
serious question.
isnt there some lagal way you can cover your own butt from being sued by what people put on this forum some sort of diclaimer in your turms of use.
jamieson wild cat
FollowupID: 22845

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - David - Thursday, Sep 25, 2003 at 21:46

Thursday, Sep 25, 2003 at 21:46
The statement on the index page and the info in the terms of use are about as much as we can get. However there is this thing called qualified privelegde (spelling) that would hopefully cover most issues however it is so bloody expensive to fight these things that it would be very difficult to stay in business should someone with enough capacity (read money) really want to have a go at you.

Defamation law is the problem and it is not bery well tested in this type of market. We just keep plugging away and hopefully we will not get nailed by someone. Personally I think it is a load of crap and if someone does a crap job then you should be able to tell others without fear of being sued for putting your position forward. We work on this model however if we get complaints then we have little choice but to remove offending posts - If we are asked to remove the material and we do then it would be very very hard to make a case. It has not happened that much but the potentional is always there. We live and learn - pity some of the lessions teach us how fickle and ignorant some people are.Regards
ExplorOz Team - David
--------------------------
Always working, not enough travelling ;-)
FollowupID: 22854

Follow Up By: Member - Bradley- Friday, Sep 26, 2003 at 13:20

Friday, Sep 26, 2003 at 13:20
Hey Dave, Here's an idea - If a buisness thinks that they have been hard done by through a post on the site , and they have the facts to put things straight, why not offer them the use of a post to put their side of the story across. If they are in the clear it may even help their buisness and if they acheive a good resolution they may even be willing to support the site.

On a different note, Thanks for providing a great service and i am proud to have just joined up. BradLife is short- but there's always time for a yarda.
FollowupID: 22889

Reply By: GLAYVA MAN(bendigo) - Thursday, Sep 25, 2003 at 19:11

Thursday, Sep 25, 2003 at 19:11
gday julian.
might just be me but i must have missed something no funny bit there that i could find.
cheersjamieson wild cat
AnswerID: 32016

Reply By: Member - Toonfish - Thursday, Sep 25, 2003 at 23:56

Thursday, Sep 25, 2003 at 23:56
they obviously must be making some money to use litigation or hope to?
maybe they should be on jerry before he finishes or oprah.
I can remember a good aussie rap goeslike (in my best aussie bronx voice? ) "AUSTRALIA DONT BECOME AMERICA"
you get the gist
im here till friday
try the veal????

sorry auusie humour 1999 NISSAN NAVARA DUALCAB
DIESEL 3.2 & SPRINGY CARLTON TOY
AnswerID: 32040

Sponsored Links