Holes in Prado floor

Submitted: Monday, Feb 11, 2002 at 01:00
ThreadID: 744 Views:1797 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
This is a specific question relating to an issue I have found on my vehicle and would like to see if this is a common problem. I have a 1999 Toyota Prado GXL, had it since new and serviced at the same service center.

For some time dust had been entering the rear cabin, just behind the rear seats. After investigating by lifting the carpet and pushing the rear seats forward, I found four roughly cut holes in the cablin floor. These were not the standard factory holes that you would normally find fitted with rubber grommets.

Who did this ? Why ? After checking my service records I recalled that both rear shock absorbers were replaced under warranty. I then grabbed a torch and checked down some of the holes.... sure enough two of the holes lined up with the shock absorber bolts .... mmmmmmm. For some insane reason whoever replaced the shocks, cut holes into the floor to gain access to the shocker bolts.

I would like to know if any Prado owners who have had their rear shock absorbers replaced to check under their rear seats for any unusual holes in the floor.

Reagrds
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: rich - Tuesday, Feb 12, 2002 at 01:00

Tuesday, Feb 12, 2002 at 01:00
rob, I'd be straight back to the shop! That DOESN'T sound right! How did they get the shocks on in the first place? For all the MTAA's and others' efforts, the motor repair industry still stinks like a badly tuned diesel!
AnswerID: 2060

Reply By: will - Tuesday, Feb 12, 2002 at 01:00

Tuesday, Feb 12, 2002 at 01:00
Rob,
I would be @$##$%$% off!!!!
Take it straight back and shake their workshop!!!
Will
AnswerID: 2071

Sponsored Links