replacing bulbs in jackaroo

Submitted: Friday, Sep 26, 2003 at 09:58
ThreadID: 7446 Views:1494 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I know it should be easy, but just haven't really had the time to do it. Had a quick look this morning but didn't want to break anything. Im heading away early tomorrow & want to replace the standard bulbs with +50s. After removing the plastic ring, do I pull off the seal or turn the socket? Any help?

Regards

Jackablue

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - NOBBY - Friday, Sep 26, 2003 at 10:58

Friday, Sep 26, 2003 at 10:58
Jack.. I did mine last year and off memory you take off the rubber dust seal, behind that is a spring affair that holds the bulb in place and then unscrew the bulb out. Unplug the electrical connection and then do the whole lot in reverse with the new bulb. I did it fairly easy so I reckon "blind freddy" should be able to do it.
AnswerID: 32075

Reply By: Member - Bradley- Friday, Sep 26, 2003 at 10:58

I havent got my jack with me at the moment but from memory you remove the locking cover and pull the seal back. This will expose the harness connector on the back of the bulb and the retaining spring. The bulb can only go in one way so you shouldn't go too wrong. Just make sure that you don't touch the glass of the bulb or you will have to clean it with isopropyl alchohol or similar. I've got the Narva +50s in mine and they are good.. have a good trip BradLife is short- but there's always time for a yarda.
AnswerID: 32076

Reply By: Will - Friday, Sep 26, 2003 at 10:58

Hi Jackablue,
you didnt say what model you have but most of these are the same.
undo the big plastic cap (usually goes clockwise) and is marked TOP
then the rubber seal pulls off remember which way it was sitting
pull of the electrical connector
now the globe should be exposed held on by a clip
now find the end of that clip which protrudes outside the holder and press it down and in and the gloge will now be loose
remember not to touch the glass part of the globes.
I have also found that it is sometimes better to remove a few bits and pieces from around the back of the lights to make it easier. (air filter box on a T/D ect.)
Good luck on trying to get a better light output from the jack the lights are the most dissappointing thing about the Jack
Will
AnswerID: 32077

Reply By: jackablue - Friday, Sep 26, 2003 at 13:19

Friday, Sep 26, 2003 at 13:19
Thanks everyone, I've just changed them. Hope they are alright at 4am tomorrow.
It was a bit of a squeeze to get into the drivers side one as I have a large battery & my radiator overflow tank there. It was repositioned there after my dual battery installation.

Looking forward to a week at Fraser.

Cheers

Jackablue
AnswerID: 32103

Sponsored Links