TV Antenna

Submitted: Friday, Sep 26, 2003 at 14:31
ThreadID: 7453 Views:1863 Replies:4 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Has anyone used or know about the "DOME" TV antenna as advertised by Solar Panel Xpress. (Ad seen in 4WD Monthly). I have yet to find a good TV antenna for my camper. Have tried the "T" type and a friend has the circular dish type, but, they both seem the same as far as picture quality. Any help will be appreciated.

Robbo.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Friday, Sep 26, 2003 at 15:06

Friday, Sep 26, 2003 at 15:06
TV when camping?

Its interesting to see how others do camping... I go camping to get away from everything, but I suppose it depends on how long your camping for or travelling for.

I have a mate that takes a dunny and all with him!
AnswerID: 32113

Follow Up By: Member - Al & Mrs Al (Vic) - Friday, Sep 26, 2003 at 15:55

Friday, Sep 26, 2003 at 15:55
I think it does depend if you're going away for a while, I need at least a radio...just to hear some news occaisionally..and I think a porta pottie thingey is a great idea...coz...digging holes causes severe campers block for me...[which is probably too much info...hahahhaha]Laugh alot..life's too short not to....

brrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

FollowupID: 22901

Follow Up By: Mad Dog Morgan (Vic) - Friday, Sep 26, 2003 at 16:08

Friday, Sep 26, 2003 at 16:08
Yeah, I do a bit of tripping solo and while I don't need/want a tv I like listening to the ABC to pass the evenings away before hitting the sack.My Best Mates
Hooroo
Ray
FollowupID: 22902

Reply By: David N. - Friday, Sep 26, 2003 at 15:29

Friday, Sep 26, 2003 at 15:29
I've had a Dome for about 12 months now.
Very happy, but it is NOT totally unnecessary to aim the dome- if the signal is weak it does make a difference when it's rotated.
In a few situations at various locations it does seem to outperform anything else... not that we've done scientific tests. However I have had a better picture than vans nearby...could be the antenna, could be the TV, could be the position (UHF is very directional)
That's the best I can offer- shame none of the magazines will do a scientific test to avoid all the variables- seems they're afraid of being sued or upsetting somebody!
Hope that helps.
AnswerID: 32114

Reply By: flappan - Friday, Sep 26, 2003 at 15:47

Friday, Sep 26, 2003 at 15:47
My Parents got sick of crappy TV reception from these , and bought a Satelite Dish . . to take away.

Not the smallest thing to have, but geez it works well (including pay tv for the footy).
AnswerID: 32117

Reply By: Bazza - Monday, Sep 29, 2003 at 10:12

Monday, Sep 29, 2003 at 10:12
Rob,
Last year I purchased an Aust. made "dome" antenna (ie. dish shaped) for my camper from tricky Dicky Electronics for about $65. Incredable picture quality on UHF and very watchable on VHF. Only thing is ... is it boosted by a 240/9v power pack. So you will need a power source to feed it. A good unit, well worth the cost.
Regards,
Bazza.
AnswerID: 32282

Sponsored Links