Mereenie Loop Feedback

We did this in 2002 and at Kings Canyon the police were stopping conventional vehicles from leaving Kings Canyon.
The wife drove half of it and it was the best lesson for her on corrugation to this day.
Can't beat the Troopies.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Stephen L (Clare SA) - Friday, Jan 08, 2010 at 08:09

Friday, Jan 08, 2010 at 08:09
Hi Trevor
There have been a few replies below. The very sad point here, and I will get shot down in flames, is the road is not that bad compared to many other remote outback tracks, that make the corrugations on the Mereenie Loop Road look like a bitumen road and I am not being cynical, I have been there and done them.

You will find that the biggest problem that those that have problems and complain, it is usually there first real adventure away from the black stuff and is their first real culture shock of driving on outback road. The first and biggest is to reduce speed and tyre pressure and this make the most biggest in ride quality inside of a vehicle.

Cheers

Stephen
Image Could Not Be Found
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 398204

Follow Up By: Member - Kiwi Kia - Friday, Jan 08, 2010 at 10:16

Friday, Jan 08, 2010 at 10:16
Hi Stepen,
I have crossed Australia on the dirt twice in the last 12 months (including the Gunbarrel) and the Mereenie Loop was right up there with the worst for corrugations.

KK
FollowupID: 667093

Sponsored Links