all wheel drive treks,

Submitted: Friday, Jan 08, 2010 at 15:14
ThreadID: 75005 Views:2709 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hello all and many thanks to all you trekkers out there who took the time in making comments on my Subaru all trek talk. I know have an embarrassing statement to make. I have a Subaru Forester, NOT the outback. I had the outback on my mind as we just came back from the USA visiting friends and they had purchased a new Subaru Outback when we go there. So a BIG SORRY to you all, and I am not usually that stupid. This might prompt more comments than the original question.
ALSO, would a forester make more difference in my request than if it really was the Subaru Outback, ... anyone?????
The Magpie with a memory lapse.

(I dare not tell her indoors what a goof up I did. She would tell everyone she met!!!!!!!), Anton
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Ozrover - Friday, Jan 08, 2010 at 15:48

Friday, Jan 08, 2010 at 15:48
Gerday MM,

Had a European lady come through here a few months ago in a late model Subaru Forester heading to Adelaide via Dalhousie & Oodna'.

She managed to punch a big hole in the fuel tank & only just managed to make it back here because she was carrying an extra jerry can of ULP, she ended up waiting for four days until we could take her car up to Alice to the Subaru dealer who managed to locate a second hand tank for her.

Just be aware of the limitations of the vehicle & drive accordingly, she was travelling way too fast for the road she was on!

AnswerID: 398299

Reply By: Member - Min (NSW) - Friday, Jan 08, 2010 at 18:36

Friday, Jan 08, 2010 at 18:36
Hi again Anton,

Forester, Outback, Xtrail are all soft 4WDs so the capability is similar. We did a course designed for these vehicles when we bought our Xtrail and the performance was similar. We were pleasantly surprised at what they could do with a little know-how.

Mín
AnswerID: 398340

Reply By: RobAck - Friday, Jan 08, 2010 at 19:32

Friday, Jan 08, 2010 at 19:32
We took 20 Subaru across the Simpson for the company several years back. It was a challenge for sure but we go the job done. We also operate SUV/AWD tours and as long as each vehicle has appropriate tyres and suspension then they can go a long way further than most people think. But as per comment from Mt Dare it all depends on the attitude and skill of the nut behind the wheel.

Regards

RobA
AnswerID: 398361

Reply By: Member - Royce- Friday, Jan 08, 2010 at 23:40

Friday, Jan 08, 2010 at 23:40
I repeat... 1984 subie could go anywhere.... a Forester is the modern extra plastic version.
AnswerID: 398418

Sponsored Links