Go Via Queensland What a debacle!!!

Submitted: Saturday, Jan 09, 2010 at 19:53
ThreadID: 75039 Views:6995 Replies:10 FollowUps:11
This Thread has been Archived
I recently went across the gateway bridge in Brisbane without my little transponder. I tried to pay by phone (1300 number) and the bloody voice response would not accept the (T) in the rego number. You have no where to go!!! So after much (sailor type invective) I decided to wait till I got home and try the Web site. Further frustration ensued!! The Go via Website asks all the write questions like time and date you crossed the toll bridge, Type of car registration etc... popped the credit card no in. We formatted it the right way several times but it still rejected it.
You can't talk to anybody on any bloody number. What do you? Has anybody out there experienced the same frustrations?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Saturday, Jan 09, 2010 at 19:55

Saturday, Jan 09, 2010 at 19:55
I have been there, done that and have given up.

I went through over 6 months ago and am still waiting for them to send a bill if there is one LOL

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 398549

Follow Up By: Member - Syd R (QLD) - Saturday, Jan 09, 2010 at 20:00

Saturday, Jan 09, 2010 at 20:00
Thanks Kev,
My dearly beloved? Just wrote a complaint on the website and guess what it rejected it!!
FollowupID: 667487

Follow Up By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Saturday, Jan 09, 2010 at 20:05

Saturday, Jan 09, 2010 at 20:05
ahahaha
Typical, nothing on their website works

Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 667488

Follow Up By: Member - barry F (NSW) - Saturday, Jan 09, 2010 at 20:27

Saturday, Jan 09, 2010 at 20:27
Yeh, you are right Kev with the "Typical" bit, nothing works in Qld. Ah well, I think I ll have a beer. LOL
FollowupID: 667496

Follow Up By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Saturday, Jan 09, 2010 at 20:33

Saturday, Jan 09, 2010 at 20:33
Barry,

You learn to expect that with company's which are owned by NSW identities;)

HNY as well LOL

GO THE MAROONS

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 667498

Follow Up By: xcamper - Saturday, Jan 09, 2010 at 21:26

Saturday, Jan 09, 2010 at 21:26
Hi,
We have had two vehicles registered for many months , and have never had any trouble, even when one transponder was on the floor for a couple of days.
When we realised rhat it had not registered I phoned up and explained what had happened, I was able to give the approximate times of travel, and the person on the phone was very helpful, and it was just charged to my account, no problems.
I have just added , over the phone, two more vehicles to my account, and have receive , by mail, two transponders for the appropiate cars, again, no problems. All the business was conducted by phone, and I could not have had better service.
Four vehicles, including one interstate, excellent service, from a much maligned department.
pete
FollowupID: 667513

Reply By: nowimnumberone - Saturday, Jan 09, 2010 at 20:05

Saturday, Jan 09, 2010 at 20:05
yep pita we went through it 4 months ago and couldnt do a thing without an e tag so i didnt pay and havnt heard anything
cheers
AnswerID: 398550

Reply By: Member - Allan B (QLD) - Saturday, Jan 09, 2010 at 20:15

Saturday, Jan 09, 2010 at 20:15
Hi Syd, You need to put your teeth in before pronouncing "T" to an automated speech recognition system. LOL Al of these automated phone systems p*** me off which is one reason I insure with AAMI ..... a real person answers.

But seriously, if you have a transponder then you have a GoVia account and if driving the vehicle registered to that account, the camera at the bridge will recognise your rego number and deduct the fee from your account.

Of course if driving a rego not on your account then the owner of that rego will get a bill in due course with extra fee included. :-(

Cheers
Allan

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 398551

Follow Up By: Member - Syd R (QLD) - Saturday, Jan 09, 2010 at 20:32

Saturday, Jan 09, 2010 at 20:32
Thanks for that!, I like grumpiness!! It's fun. So I'll just put my head in the sand and go bush again?
I used to do computer stuff all my working life including Websites!! Jeeez!
FollowupID: 667497

Follow Up By: Member - Norm C (QLD) - Saturday, Jan 09, 2010 at 21:24

Saturday, Jan 09, 2010 at 21:24
Syd, I can confirm that if you have an E Tag and the vehicle you were driving without the Tag is registered to your account, you have no problem. From memory, they may charge you a small admin fee (like 30 cents of so ??) for the camera output to be matched to your account, but otherwise no problem.

We purchased an E tag and opened an account a few months ago while in NT, before returning home. Took a couple of attempts on the web site, but it eventually worked. Problem was, tag had not arrived before we headed home. Went through all the tolls with no tag. Rang them a day or two later and they confirmed my account had already been debited.

Now have the E tag in the veh, but won't be used again in Qld again till Dec '10 (by current plans anyway).

Norm C
FollowupID: 667512

Reply By: camwill69 - Saturday, Jan 09, 2010 at 21:27

Saturday, Jan 09, 2010 at 21:27
Yep that the wat they work up here.

I live here and travel these routes weekly and still can not get a transponder as the phone way no work and the web way no work. Just drive it and wait for them to ring/contact me.

No idea.

Cam
AnswerID: 398561

Reply By: Bonz (Vic) - Saturday, Jan 09, 2010 at 21:53

Saturday, Jan 09, 2010 at 21:53
Same thing with the Sydney cross city tunnel
Time is an illusion produced by the passage of history

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 398569

Reply By: Falco80 - Saturday, Jan 09, 2010 at 22:33

Saturday, Jan 09, 2010 at 22:33
Damn, don't get me started on Govia. What a bunch of pr*cks. I went through with the transponder attached to the windscreen of my shorty forty and it didn't go off. I got a letter though asking for money and a whole bunch of video fees and administration fees. I rang them a let fly, because l wasn't purposely trying to evade the toll and got told bad luck, you gotta pay. Fair enough the shortys windscreen is near verticale, but you would think it would pick it up. It seems that even though i had the transponder on the screen, i didn't have the vehicle listed on my details so it would not work. So frustrating! We have stupidly high rego costs in queensland and we still have to pay these effing tolls.
AnswerID: 398572

Reply By: olddigger - Sunday, Jan 10, 2010 at 02:25

Sunday, Jan 10, 2010 at 02:25
Ah, just one of the myriad reasons nobody in his/her right mind would ever want to go anywhere near the Peanut Paradise. Why bother when there is so much of CIVILISED Australia to see?
Here in WA we have no toll roads/bridges/tunnels, probably because our politicians don't expect the level of bribery and corruption that seems to dominate the Labor-ruled Eastern States. And the weather's better and we play proper football. And our resources support most of the rest of the nation.
Cheers, Tony
AnswerID: 398590

Follow Up By: obee1212 - Sunday, Jan 10, 2010 at 09:04

Sunday, Jan 10, 2010 at 09:04
gee tony, I am trying to keep it a secret and there you go advertising the place. Next thing we will be invaded by victorians escaping Qld.

Owen
FollowupID: 667559

Follow Up By: Member - Pesty (SA) - Sunday, Jan 10, 2010 at 09:10

Sunday, Jan 10, 2010 at 09:10
Absolutely, stay away and vote with our feet, not much in suburbia queerland to interest me.
Just another reason to stay in crow's country, we have no tollways "yet" but dont think Mr unpopular rip off Rann would be game to throw that one up here.
Can not for the life of me see why when we pay so many taxes attached to driving a vehicle which is supposed to be spent on roads etc we have to pay for roads designed to aid free flow of traffic, where is the money going!!!
Stop the wastage would help billions !

Pesty
FollowupID: 667560

Follow Up By: Member - Allan B (QLD) - Sunday, Jan 10, 2010 at 09:39

Sunday, Jan 10, 2010 at 09:39
Garn Pesty, you had one of the first toll-roads in the country....... Mt Barker Rd.

Cheers
Allan

FollowupID: 667564

Follow Up By: Member - Michael P (QLD) - Sunday, Jan 10, 2010 at 15:32

Sunday, Jan 10, 2010 at 15:32
Tony,We know that your roads over "there" are pretty ordinary to say the least,but then it does take time to catch up with the real Australia.Didn't realise though that you guy's played League.LOL
Mike.
FollowupID: 667631

Reply By: Shaker - Sunday, Jan 10, 2010 at 14:38

Sunday, Jan 10, 2010 at 14:38
I got home to 9 seperate infringement notices from GoVia, the trouble is I hadn't been to Queensland last year at all, offences were in November 09, & have never used a Queensland toll road.

The photos showed an unknown dual cab utility & the reigistration number listed was of my camper trailer ... go figure!

So quite obviously if they don't have a clear photo of the entire number, they must guess ..... but, 9 times!

AnswerID: 398661

Reply By: Member - Shane D (QLD) - Sunday, Jan 10, 2010 at 16:23

Sunday, Jan 10, 2010 at 16:23
I have 3 transponders, and a top-up trigger of $20 which automatically gets put on my visa, imagine my surprise when I checked my visa balance to find that i have made 4 X $100 top-ups since Dec 21.
I used to Sydney harbour bridge (once) as well as a few other tollways (one direction) intertsate over the course of the last 3 weeks, but $400 worth!!?? I DON'T THINK SO..
I'll be late for work tomorrow, so I can sort this out over the counter, which means less pay.
Shane
AnswerID: 398687

Reply By: Toadkeeper Jo aka Qlder Jo - Sunday, Jan 10, 2010 at 16:57

Sunday, Jan 10, 2010 at 16:57
I could have taken the toll fee for you...
Only they thought it appropriate to force me into redundancy....
AnswerID: 398695

Sponsored Links