Bathurst - who will dominate Ford or Holden ?

Submitted: Tuesday, Sep 30, 2003 at 18:35
ThreadID: 7518 Views:1837 Replies:12 FollowUps:15
This Thread has been Archived
It has got to be Ford's year this year hasn't it ?

Anyway I think all the top drivers should be put in the production version GT Falcons and SS Commodores etc and put on the same rubber, motors can be blue printed - then lets go racing. Back to the days when it was a proper competition between the 2 major makes such as the races around 1968 and the early 70's.

Go the BLUE OVAL this is the year - PLEASE - I've had it with the Holden fans laughing at me for the last (how many years) few years.Cheers, Beddo
Surf KZN185
<- Yengo NP, Central Coast NSW
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: GLAYVA MAN(bendigo) - Tuesday, Sep 30, 2003 at 18:56

Tuesday, Sep 30, 2003 at 18:56
im with you beddo but you know what will happen ambrose will lead for 990ks and some stupid power steering seal will fail.or hrt will bugger up and push a winning ford off and of course no one will see it. GO AMBROSE GOjamieson wild cat
AnswerID: 32416

Follow Up By: Member - Al & Mrs Al (Vic) - Tuesday, Sep 30, 2003 at 19:12

Tuesday, Sep 30, 2003 at 19:12
or the "enforcer" won't do his seat belt up properly !!!Laugh alot..life's too short not to....

brrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

FollowupID: 23171

Follow Up By: GLAYVA MAN(bendigo) - Tuesday, Sep 30, 2003 at 19:15

Tuesday, Sep 30, 2003 at 19:15
that would be right leave it a little loose and get pinged.
but its ok for a certain holder driver to turn his rain light of because his alternater carked it but thats ok it is a HR? loljamieson wild cat
FollowupID: 23173

Follow Up By: Member - W.Wallace - Tuesday, Sep 30, 2003 at 19:22

Tuesday, Sep 30, 2003 at 19:22
LOL.
Of course that's ok, you know it's a conspiracy against you Ford mob!

:)
FollowupID: 23174

Follow Up By: Member - Al & Mrs Al (Vic) - Tuesday, Sep 30, 2003 at 19:25

Tuesday, Sep 30, 2003 at 19:25
personally I hope it's another holden driver that wins.....either him or Glenn Seaton...[I say that every year]

LynLaugh alot..life's too short not to....

brrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

FollowupID: 23175

Follow Up By: Member - W.Wallace - Tuesday, Sep 30, 2003 at 19:29

Tuesday, Sep 30, 2003 at 19:29
I'm a Holden man through & through, but even I wouldn't begrudge Glenn Seaton winning Bathurst once.
Poor bugger has had so much bad luck over his career at the mountain.
FollowupID: 23176

Follow Up By: Member - Al & Mrs Al (Vic) - Tuesday, Sep 30, 2003 at 19:33

Tuesday, Sep 30, 2003 at 19:33
You're right there...and seems like a nice bloke too, we met him last year at the Caravan & Camping show, very approachable and friendly...let's hope it's his year...

LynLaugh alot..life's too short not to....

brrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

FollowupID: 23177

Follow Up By: michael - Thursday, Oct 02, 2003 at 15:43

Thursday, Oct 02, 2003 at 15:43
I think it will be the holden racing team this year. I am a Lansvale racing team fan myself, hoping for a top 10 finish.
FollowupID: 23306

Reply By: Member - W.Wallace - Tuesday, Sep 30, 2003 at 19:08

Tuesday, Sep 30, 2003 at 19:08
Come on you Ford blokes, you know very well that even if Ford has the better setup car this year(jesus that hurts me!) & are cruising to victory, that they will find a way to self destruct, in the pits or on the track, as usual, and the Holdens will win as usual!

Go Holden, can't let these Ford's get a sniff, We'll never hear the end of it.

;)
AnswerID: 32418

Reply By: Willie - Tuesday, Sep 30, 2003 at 20:17

Tuesday, Sep 30, 2003 at 20:17
Hey Jeff,

Did you post a trip report on your wanderings up north? Did not see anything here but then again could have missed it. Before you left you did ask for lots of info. How did it go?

Mmmm...I drive a Commodore........they seem more reliable...have had nothing but trouble with Fords....but then again...maybe it is Fords' time at Bathurst....Good Luck

Cheers

Willie
Never a dull moment
AnswerID: 32421

Follow Up By: GLAYVA MAN(bendigo) - Tuesday, Sep 30, 2003 at 21:33

Tuesday, Sep 30, 2003 at 21:33
gday willie.
not to sure about s/a but how many commodore taxis are they running up there loljamieson wild cat
FollowupID: 23183

Follow Up By: Willie - Tuesday, Sep 30, 2003 at 21:49

Tuesday, Sep 30, 2003 at 21:49
G'day GLAYVA MAN,

Well now that you ask there are three Peterborough Taxis, 2 are Commodore wagons and one a Hyundai.

Lets not go down the Ford debate. Suffice to say I hate Fords as every single one I have had has given me trouble whereas my Holden experiences have been good. Maybe I am allergic to Fords. It happens.
Maybe I just bought 5 lemons over the years. lol

Cheers

Willie

Never a dull moment
FollowupID: 23184

Follow Up By: Bonz (Vic) - Wednesday, Oct 01, 2003 at 22:17

Wednesday, Oct 01, 2003 at 22:17
Try a different colour, I have had five falcs in the last 7 years, did 100,000km's in each of them and the only problem I had was a headlight innards fell out, hardly the fault of the car.

Some are lemons some are le-mans, mine were the latterLaterally Literal
Seriously Cerebral
FollowupID: 23260

Reply By: Member - Al Symers (SA) - Tuesday, Sep 30, 2003 at 21:44

Tuesday, Sep 30, 2003 at 21:44
I predict that the winner will be either a Ford or a Holden.
Either way it's a good days racing.Al Symers
AnswerID: 32429

Follow Up By: Bonz (Vic) - Wednesday, Oct 01, 2003 at 22:18

Wednesday, Oct 01, 2003 at 22:18
The winner will be the country, we always do an endurance race wellLaterally Literal
Seriously Cerebral
FollowupID: 23261

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Tuesday, Sep 30, 2003 at 21:54

Tuesday, Sep 30, 2003 at 21:54
Who cares anymore, I think its pathetic. I used to love it when it was more than Taxi Racing.

Since they couldnt beat the rest they banned them.. Taxi Racing, Dull as bleep .... Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
AnswerID: 32430

Reply By: Andrew(Vic) - Tuesday, Sep 30, 2003 at 22:21

Tuesday, Sep 30, 2003 at 22:21
Real shame that Race format has changed and became a part of championship now rather than pure endurance race.
I missed the other cars like BMW and Nissans and even Jaguars that did very well around the track.
AnswerID: 32432

Reply By: Steve - Tuesday, Sep 30, 2003 at 23:17

Tuesday, Sep 30, 2003 at 23:17
Bathurst: that's the little place where they have a motor race once a year and the dinky di Aussies arrive in droves, getbleep, throw cans at the cars, and boo bleep out of the real drivers who put on a spectacular show and get hissed off the podium...its all over mate .... no self respecting manufacturer would enter a team against the locals who have the rules and the elements stacked against them ... can any one tell me where the Easter Weekend Bike races went ?? (along with their world class riders )..
AnswerID: 32439

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Wednesday, Oct 01, 2003 at 09:53

Wednesday, Oct 01, 2003 at 09:53
What would you like to know about the bike races, Race Secretary, and most of the organisers were from our club in Sydney - St George MCC.

They stopped due to risk factor.. Some modern bikes go ~200mph(eg GSXR1300 Hayabusa) out of the box these days..

Costs, and risk for some of the girls got too much.

It was a good track to race on, I only raced 250 proddie once there, and it was eye opening...
FollowupID: 23203

Follow Up By: Member - Bruce (San Diego) - Wednesday, Oct 01, 2003 at 15:11

Wednesday, Oct 01, 2003 at 15:11
The Easter Meeting certainly was a great weekend when they had both cars and bikes,
Who could forget Ron Toombs on his "63" with his lime green leathers, the Mountain finally got him though and nothing could compare with the noise of the old Vincent up through the cutting and accross the top.

I haven't been back to a 1000 since I moved to the USA but always go for a slow lap everytime I come home to Orange.

They took the hump out of Conrod which claimed Gibson and put those silly bends in.

I'm really glad I got to enjoy it in the old days.

FollowupID: 23217

Reply By: brian - Wednesday, Oct 01, 2003 at 08:31

Wednesday, Oct 01, 2003 at 08:31
Ford,ford wots a ford do they make billycarts or something???havent heard much about them.
AnswerID: 32457

Reply By: David N. - Wednesday, Oct 01, 2003 at 10:19

Wednesday, Oct 01, 2003 at 10:19
Yeh, Ford should be given a chance at a win at Bathurst occasionally- BUT NOT YET!!!!
Go Holden!

C'mon Truckster, it's no more pathetic than the verbal tirade every night on the news about Football- it's only a bloody game.
eg: The whole of Italy gets blacked out= 20 seconds of news.
Soldiers get killed nearly every day in IRAQ= often not in the news.
People get killed AND maimed on our roads= usually not in the news.
The Lions win the AFL final = 10 mins of news every night for weeks.

It's only a race, and a footy game.
(I happen to enjoy both the odd football game and V8 supercars especially around Bathurst- but try to keep everything in perspective.)
AnswerID: 32467

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Wednesday, Oct 01, 2003 at 15:52

Wednesday, Oct 01, 2003 at 15:52
I can think of many many many better things than to watch taxis going round in circles for 8 hours... like watching dog bleep go hard in the sun for one!

I think the 12th man hit it on the head with the murray walker skit
"those f'kin cars going round and round"...
FollowupID: 23221

Reply By: Jeff (Beddo) - Wednesday, Oct 01, 2003 at 20:12

Wednesday, Oct 01, 2003 at 20:12
Yes I will get a trip report together and some photos - been busy at the bushfires around Cessnock and Kulnura here on the NSW Central Coast.

Anyway - yep I think it is Fords year - I have seen the Fords leading many a Bathurst but for some reason a Commodore taps them in the corner and puts them out ! One of those Holden drivers now drives for Ford so maybe we will have a fairer race this year.

Bring back the glory days of the GTHO.

Ford & Holden should bring back the super cars of the late 60's and early 70's - I know the gov't stepped in to stop the XU2 and the Phase 4 etc but now look at some of the things which are out there being imported etc - so hey ford and holden bring out a car which is a world beater like ther Phase III was (fastest 4 door production car in the world at the time).

Go Ford.Cheers, Beddo
Surf KZN185
<- Yengo NP, Central Coast NSW
AnswerID: 32534

Follow Up By: Savvas - Monday, Oct 06, 2003 at 07:58

Monday, Oct 06, 2003 at 07:58
Agree with you Beddo. HSV & Holden were doing that with the HRT427.

The cars were basically sold ahead of them being built, however they pulled the plug on the project saying they couldn't justify the development costs.

A bit perplexing seeing that holding deposits had been taken for all of them.

I don't usually buy into conspircay theory...but I reckon someone at the federal govt level may have tapped Holden/HSV on the shoulder and said "no go" on the project.
FollowupID: 23502

Reply By: Big Trev - Tuesday, Oct 07, 2003 at 13:43

Tuesday, Oct 07, 2003 at 13:43
Just some info for the un-initiated.

Since the inception of the V8 Supercars, the category has NEVER been a production class, you need to go and watch a Procar event for that. The BRutes are great.

Since the inception of the V8 Supercars both marques have been running a diff modeled on the Ford 9" diff.

Under the new Project Blueprint ,Commodores now run a double wishbone front end, same as what Falcon have been running (in the standard road going car as well) for years. Holden Teams have been chaSing it for about 4 years that I know OF, as the McPherson strut (Standard Holden) does not have enough adjustment in it.

The engine approved under Project Blueprint is based on the Ford V8 for design. When you hear people talking about the new HSM/Aurora motor, that IS the Ford variant they are talking about.

The rear end suspension on both marques is also a variant of the Ford rear end.

So when a Commodore wins a V8 Supercar race, just remember all this. POWERED, CONTROLLED, ETC BY FORD.

You can always tell a Holden supporter, but not very much.
AnswerID: 32989

Reply By: Big Trev - Tuesday, Oct 07, 2003 at 13:44

Tuesday, Oct 07, 2003 at 13:44
Just some info for the un-initiated.

Since the inception of the V8 Supercars, the category has NEVER been a production class, you need to go and watch a Procar event for that. The BRutes are great.

Since the inception of the V8 Supercars both marques have been running a diff modeled on the Ford 9" diff.

Under the new Project Blueprint ,Commodores now run a double wishbone front end, same as what Falcon have been running (in the standard road going car as well) for years. Holden Teams have been chaSing it for about 4 years that I know OF, as the McPherson strut (Standard Holden) does not have enough adjustment in it.

The engine approved under Project Blueprint is based on the Ford V8 for design. When you hear people talking about the new HSM/Aurora motor, that IS the Ford variant they are talking about.

The rear end suspension on both marques is also a variant of the Ford rear end.

So when a Commodore wins a V8 Supercar race, just remember all this. POWERED, CONTROLLED, ETC BY FORD.

You can always tell a Holden supporter, but not very much.

By the way you catch me at most Winton Motor Raceway (Vict) race meetings. I work there as a volunteer official on race weekends.
AnswerID: 32991

Sponsored Links