The RV & Camping Leisurefest Melbourne

Submitted: Tuesday, Sep 30, 2003 at 21:25
ThreadID: 7520 Views:4815 Replies:7 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
In the Herald Sun today in Melbourne there is an ad. on Page 11 for "The RV & Camping Leisurefest" at Sandown Racecourse this weekend. It is a show put on by the Caravan Industry Victoria and entry is $10 for an adult.
I was wondering if it has been on before and whether or not people think that it is good value. I have the feeling that the price might be a bit steep for what you get.
Does anyone have any prior experience regarding this show - says that all exhibitors are ready to move stock and we can save a truckload!!! We were thinking of going but they say that it is "Jam Packed" so might stay away....

Andrew
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Al & Mrs Al (Vic) - Tuesday, Sep 30, 2003 at 21:28

Tuesday, Sep 30, 2003 at 21:28
Andrew...I haven't been to this one, but I have been to the Caravan and Camping show which was as at Caulfield...I don't know what the difference is...I found that show useful, but we were looking for stuff and in the market to buy some stuff that I knew would be heavily discounted...but I don't know whether this will be the same...

LynLaugh alot..life's too short not to....

brrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

AnswerID: 32426

Reply By: Member - Ken - Wednesday, Oct 01, 2003 at 08:09

Wednesday, Oct 01, 2003 at 08:09
I have been to this one a number of times and yes its good value depending on what your reasons are for going.

It has something for everyone and if the weather is kind/good/great then that only adds to a good day. Sandown race course is a nice wide open spacious venue as well, with all the accessories/peripherals sellers under cover.

In essence it really depends on what it is you are after.

I will say though, if caravans are you thing, then the Caulfield one around April/May is the one to go to.
AnswerID: 32454

Reply By: Mal58 - Wednesday, Oct 01, 2003 at 10:27

Wednesday, Oct 01, 2003 at 10:27
Andrew,
We bought our tent camper trailer at the show at sandown 4 years ago. We saved about $1200 on the deal.
(Mind you we had done our research well before hand, and had worked out what we wanted. The show was a good oppurtunity to bargain.)
For us, well worth the investment of $20 or so for the family to attend.

Cheers,
Mal58

AnswerID: 32469

Follow Up By: jules - Wednesday, Oct 01, 2003 at 11:44

Wednesday, Oct 01, 2003 at 11:44
Usuallly good value for the money - agree that a nice sunny day makes it even better. usually see some companies there that don't go to the caravan and camping show - see some really inovative ideas as well.
FollowupID: 23207

Reply By: Shaker - Wednesday, Oct 01, 2003 at 17:16

Wednesday, Oct 01, 2003 at 17:16
I'm going on Friday ... if you would like an opinion!
AnswerID: 32509

Follow Up By: Andrew - Wednesday, Oct 01, 2003 at 20:54

Wednesday, Oct 01, 2003 at 20:54
Yeh mate

That'd be great if you give us some feedback on how it was. I reckon that we'd be going on Saturday if it sounds all right.

Cheers

Andrew
FollowupID: 23251

Reply By: GOB member vic - Wednesday, Oct 01, 2003 at 18:03

Wednesday, Oct 01, 2003 at 18:03
good day andrew we are going saturday been several times before if for no other reason than to see whats new
several caravan distributors as well as some of the smaller retail outlets who cant afford /dont want to go to the 4x4 show and always a bargain s about depending on what you want

steve dimagine a 03 gu 4.2tdin the picture
as i am having trouble sizing the picture
AnswerID: 32516

Reply By: Graham & Ann - Wednesday, Oct 01, 2003 at 20:27

Wednesday, Oct 01, 2003 at 20:27
Have been before and will there there again this Sat. And for those that have any Q's re the workings of 3 way fridges in caravans etc... I've heard that Caravan Refrigeration Service from Clayton Sth. in Melb. will have a stand there so anyone with who has any enquires regarding ventilation or any concerns etc. may find it worthwhile to go along and they are to have a refrigerator set-up with a module showing how the refrigerator should be ventilated. Also a cooling unit with a working 12v fan to show the benefits of installing one to dissipate the heat. So I'll be along to check that out.
1999 Pathfinder
17ft Evernew 'All Roads' van
AnswerID: 32538

Reply By: Shaker - Friday, Oct 03, 2003 at 19:04

Friday, Oct 03, 2003 at 19:04
Ok, I went today, I suppose it was pretty good depending on what you are looking for. There was probably about 8 or 9 camper trailer manufacturers there, unfortunately the one I wanted to see the Tough Country Camper didn't make it, although I had been assured it would be there. Plenty of caravans of course, & lots of el cheapo accessories & gadgets, & all the usual snake oil salesmen! I would have justified our 10 bucks each to get in a bit better, if the item I went to see had of been there!
AnswerID: 32721

Follow Up By: Andrew - Friday, Oct 03, 2003 at 20:07

Friday, Oct 03, 2003 at 20:07
I am interested in camper trailers - good to get an idea of all the different setups. I'm not after a particular one yet - just looking around for something for next year.
Thanks for the feedback. Sounds worthwhile - I'm going.... to the show that is...and off line too.....
Andrew
FollowupID: 23406

Sponsored Links