Rodeo door problem/ Thanks Madfisher

Submitted: Friday, Jan 15, 2010 at 22:11
ThreadID: 75244 Views:2107 Replies:1 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
I had a problem with a door seal that was giving a lot of road noise, Thanks to Madfisher's advice it is a LOT quieter now.

I had to bend the top of the window frame in, that was a lot of fun I ended up blocking both front doors open with some wood blocks then wrapping rope round the tops of the doors and winding the rope tight with another piece of wood.

That gave me enough control to move the doors in enough without breaking anything.

We drove down to Melbourne today and it was a whole lot quieter sitting on the freeway at 110kph

Many thanks for the advice

cheers doug
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Madfisher - Saturday, Jan 16, 2010 at 22:26

Saturday, Jan 16, 2010 at 22:26
No problem Doug, glad it worked.I think when I done it I wrapped my left arm arround part of the door and pushed with the other. LOL Lot younger and stronger then. Would have been close to thirty years ago.
We have the same problem with a 600 Isuzu at work and have been meaning to do something about it, but forget about it till next time I drive it.
Cheers Pete
AnswerID: 399792

Follow Up By: D200Dug- Saturday, Jan 16, 2010 at 22:36

Saturday, Jan 16, 2010 at 22:36
Drop in for coffee next time you are driving it through Cowwarr.

I still have the rope and blocks of wood here somewhere :-)

That was my problem as well I remembered it annoyed me every time I drove at speed then forgot again once I got home :-( This old age stuff sucks !
FollowupID: 668749

Follow Up By: Madfisher - Sunday, Jan 17, 2010 at 10:30

Sunday, Jan 17, 2010 at 10:30
I will take you up on the coffee Doug, not much chance I will have the truck though, usually only drive it to our agents in either Mudgee or Lithgow. The Truck is a nice bit of gear compared to the trucks of yesteryear. Really needs cruise though, because you are so high up 100 feels like you are stopped and it gets away on you. One of our hirers got booked at 126 and he reckons he did not realise how fast he was going till he seen the copper chasing him.
The isuzus are all very good and much underrated in comparsion to toyos. We have two Jacks and apart from the autos thirst they have been excellent.
Cheers Pete
FollowupID: 668802

Follow Up By: D200Dug- Sunday, Jan 17, 2010 at 11:16

Sunday, Jan 17, 2010 at 11:16
We had a few of the Isuzu Belletts many many many years ago and they were a surprisingly good vehicle for their time.

I find the rodeo quite comfortable and very pleasant to drive, I have no problem sitting on 110 on the drive to Melbourne and really enjoy the cruise control as it would be easy to drift up in speed if you did not concentrate.

There is no lack of power for overtaking either.

Ours is an auto and gets exactly 10km to the liter so I am not unhappy about that.

cheers doug
FollowupID: 668811

Sponsored Links