Beach conditions at Rainbow Beach

Submitted: Monday, Jan 18, 2010 at 18:01
ThreadID: 75306 Views:2301 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all,

I am heading up to Rainbow Beach this weekend. We are basing ourselves in the township and then just going to be doing day trips out and about.

I haven't been up there for a couple of months now and I was just wondering what the conditions are like? Are you able to drive all the way up to Double Island point from Rainbow beach? I have read the condition report on the epa website and it suggests that you can't get through at the moment?

http://www.derm.qld.gov.au/register/p01713aa.pdf

If you can get through, unfortunately the tides aren't ideal, so I was just wondering at what point it is getting too high to get all of the way through to double island point (ie an hour after low, two hours after low etc).

Also, I was wondering what the freshwater track is like at the moment?

Thanks a lot for your help guys.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Troll 81 (QLD) - Tuesday, Jan 19, 2010 at 09:56

Tuesday, Jan 19, 2010 at 09:56
I was up there about 2 months ago hopefully someone else has a more recent report. Muddlo rocks was not passable even at low tide unless you want to drive in the ocean....but people do this.

The freshwater track was in good nick and you should have no dramas there.

Leisha's track was good and very soft at the cuttings...once you get to the Rainbow beach side you can turn right and head all the way up to Double Island Point.

Enjoy
AnswerID: 400145

Reply By: Ross H (QLD) - Tuesday, Jan 19, 2010 at 10:49

Tuesday, Jan 19, 2010 at 10:49
Hi Guys

Was up at Fraser last week and came back via Rainbow
We were able to get all the way at low tide no worries,a little bit tight at mudlow but we went through before dead low the whole beach drive was great and very easy.

Troll
You were asking in an earlier post about Fraser conditions.
The beach and Hook point very good and smooth all the way up to the Champaign pools. Inland tracks are a real mess and very rough mainly from Eurong across to Kingfisher. The track to Lake Mackenzie (spelling) is not to bad.
Most high clearance 4X4's will not have a problem pulled out a few smaller suv's.
All of the cars stuck were hung up on the centre mound. Talking to the rangers and they said they are waiting for more rain before they can repair the tracks. With the amount cars due there over the up coming long weekend I can only see it getting worse.
Hope this helps.
Rossco
AnswerID: 400156

Sponsored Links