Planning a fishing trip out of Darwin, Feb 2010

Im going on a self drive fishing trip in February, leaving from Darwin. No boat so it's either the shore or bank for me, is that to dangerous? Would love to catch a mud crab too, if possible. Any tips on spots would be hugely appreciated.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Willem - Wednesday, Jan 20, 2010 at 08:28

Wednesday, Jan 20, 2010 at 08:28
Now I'm not into fishing but.............Most top spots may be inundated with water as February is usually when the wet season sets in big time. Some places can get up to 500mm of rain and more in February.

So with swollen rivers your chances of finding an embankment to fish from is very low. Then there is the added danger of saltwater crocodiles lurking in the shallows of the water

Here is a googled website to start with http://www.arounddarwin.com.au/darwin_fishing.html
AnswerID: 400287

Reply By: nomadoz - Wednesday, Jan 20, 2010 at 19:03

Wednesday, Jan 20, 2010 at 19:03
Hi Rastas,
As usual, the Wise one, Willem is spot on, if you like; contact me on manlaraka at yahoo dot com
Cheers nomadoz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 400361

Reply By: Top End Explorer - Wednesday, Jan 20, 2010 at 21:05

Wednesday, Jan 20, 2010 at 21:05
G/Day

Try any of these guys for boat hire.

Advance car rentals These guys are freinds and hire boats just scroll down to the bottom.

Shady camp boat hire

Kakadu fishing tours you can book them through from this page.

A google search useing Boat hire Darwin will keep you reading for a while as well.

Cheers Steve.
AnswerID: 400379

Follow Up By: Top End Explorer - Wednesday, Jan 27, 2010 at 12:27

Wednesday, Jan 27, 2010 at 12:27
Hey Rastas

I replied to your post yesterday, but it seems it was deleted.???????

Ring my best mate Mal who owns Gone Bush Camping and Outdoor Hire in Darwin, he can help you with the hire of or possibly be able to sell you some second hand gear both camping and fishing.

He can also give you more info on fishing up hear than you will be able to remember.

His # is 0413757000

Cheers Steve.
FollowupID: 670587

Reply By: Haza - Wednesday, Jan 20, 2010 at 21:21

Wednesday, Jan 20, 2010 at 21:21
Why not check out King Ash Bay, havn't been there in years. Not sure what the roads like in feb and if you can hire a boat. But remember the best way to get on a boat is to help guys out at the boat ramp and just ask if theres any space, may cost you a slab of beer and be ready to jump straight in as they ain't going to hang around waiting for you to get your gear ready. Good Luck.
AnswerID: 400383

Sponsored Links