UPDATE on S.A. Gathering and Fun Weekend

Submitted: Thursday, Jan 21, 2010 at 02:31
ThreadID: 75367 Views:2418 Replies:2 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
Hi everyone,

All sounds good for the Gathering, we have 12 on the list and I know of at least another 3 who haven't put their names down but are attending. I believe we will have a few from the local club also who want to do Loveday Adventure Park, with the EO members who intend on doing a run through there. and they will also be dropping by for a BBQ at tea time.

I am spending this weekend out there marking some track area's and making some harder tracks for people to try if they choose. Of course the comfy chair and some magazines will have to be also taken out there for my rest periods LOL.

As there are few non members, so I have decided to post a map of how to find the camp area, anyone arriving before midday on the friday should give me a call on 0418 961120, so I can arringe meeeting them.

Bring along your canoe/kayak and Stephen L, will be running a trip somewhere in the area for those interested.

Cheers Guys n Girls and lets hope a few more late replies get put on the list.

Track in on map is only hand drawn but close enough...

Image Could Not Be Found

Top edge of Map is Berri on the Murray River..

Slow down when approaching small bridge near turn off as the track is right on the end of the bridge.

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Stephen L (Clare SA) - Thursday, Jan 21, 2010 at 07:48

Thursday, Jan 21, 2010 at 07:48
Hi Glenn
It should be a great weekend in one of the top spots in the Riverland.

See you then.

Cheers

Stephen
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 400416

Reply By: Member - Roachie (SA) - Thursday, Jan 21, 2010 at 08:46

Thursday, Jan 21, 2010 at 08:46
Thanks Glenn,

Can you advise, please, how far south of Berri before that turn off is? There are numerous little bridges (as I recall) along that road, so I'm not sure which one it would be.

You know what I'm like.....if there's ANY chance of taking the "scenic route", then that's where I'll end up.....LOL
AnswerID: 400422

Follow Up By: Dasher Des - Thursday, Jan 21, 2010 at 10:12

Thursday, Jan 21, 2010 at 10:12
G'day Roachie,

Just for you only, as your coming into Renmark, just before the first bridge, there is a dirt road on the left. You can't miss it as there is a property that has just been sold with a "Sold" sticker on it. Just past the house there is a building with carpark. We will be camped just behind it. I think that the building has a sign on the front with something about a Kingdom Hall written on it.

For anybody else, the track is on the left just before you start to climb Booky Hill on the Berri Loxton Road.

maybe Blaze needs to put up some balloons by the gate.
FollowupID: 669581

Follow Up By: Member - Roachie (SA) - Thursday, Jan 21, 2010 at 12:08

Thursday, Jan 21, 2010 at 12:08
Hallaleulah to that dear brother Des; Amen! Do I need to take my own clappers, tamborines and other percussion instruments?
FollowupID: 669596

Follow Up By: Blaze (Berri) - Thursday, Jan 21, 2010 at 16:04

Thursday, Jan 21, 2010 at 16:04
Mr Roach,

Distance is approx 1.75thousand metres or in a Chevissan about 15 minutes. You will know when you have reached the turn in as there is a slight hill just after it and you will probably have to take your camper off to make it so dont go that far. LMAO

Maybe its best I put up some red and white bunting on the tree just after the bridge, turn in will be along side it.

See yah all there...

FollowupID: 669625

Follow Up By: Dasher Des - Thursday, Jan 21, 2010 at 16:15

Thursday, Jan 21, 2010 at 16:15
Blaze, no point of giving Roachie acurate distances as the Nevchissan odometer won't be accurate anyway. We would be better off sending him off to the Jo Whitties for the weekend. Besides the Nev would be too heavy to get over the Berri Bridge.
FollowupID: 669628

Follow Up By: Member - Roachie (SA) - Thursday, Jan 21, 2010 at 16:35

Thursday, Jan 21, 2010 at 16:35
BTW, Are you riverland clowns aware that some of us will over your way this weekend? We'll be camped on the north side of lake Bonney if you want to come and pay us hommage!!!

Cheers

Roachie
FollowupID: 669631

Sponsored Links